Patuxent question???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patuxent question???

when i was coming back from Odenton i went over the upper Patuxent River on highway 4 and saw maybe a hundred folks fishing and a parking lot full. i'm trying to understand what they are fishing for this early in the season. Do the hickory shad run up the Patuxent River too??? just made me very curious to see folks shoulder to shoulder like salmon fishing on the west coast. any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Rich
    Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Originally posted by fishinggod View Post
    when i was coming back from Odenton i went over the upper Patuxent River on highway 4 and saw maybe a hundred folks fishing and a parking lot full. i'm trying to understand what they are fishing for this early in the season. Do the hickory shad run up the Patuxent River too??? just made me very curious to see folks shoulder to shoulder like salmon fishing on the west coast. any info would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like Wayson's Corner. They were fishing for white perch.

Comment

well it looked like combat fishing. guess the white perch fishing is phenominal there right now!!
      Rich
      Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

Went out there two weeks ago with Woodyak and Qdawgyaker and it was crazy for yellow perch. Very tidal for Yaks, hard to get in and out and real muddy. We thought we were going to have to duck some sinkers going thru some stretches. Very entertaining. I will not return for sure.

Yak67
        2015 Hobie PA-14
        2016 Hobie Outback LE

Comment

Yea the yellow perch were running.
          I fish for catfish further up river where it is quieter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

thanks for the info folks.
            Rich

Comment

Working...
            X