Outback LE Rigging so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outback LE Rigging so far

Just wanted to post some pics of what I've done so far. Fixed my screw up on my wellnut holes, so here it all is. Took advantage of a beautiful evening once I got home from work to snap some pics. Now if I could just catch fish. The Amas were just thrown on there. Also have a sail but took it out of the box for the first time today and it's the wrong color so I never even unwrapped it . Whats pictured is Stealth rod holders which I love!! I mounted those with gear tracks along with the Raymarine Dragonfly 7. I installed a USB/Cigarette charger too. In the rear I used the 4" poly tracks for mounting the sidekicks and light. Also ran power to the rear and cut the cord that came with the light so I could install the coiled one shown. The battery is from Stark Power (Deepcycle) and everything is wired through a fuse block. I think I covered it all?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 1idrod; 03-09-2016, 10:36 PM.
    2016 Hobie Outback Limited #220
    2016 Jackson Cuda 12
    2015 Emotion 11 Stealth Angler

Pic heavy so had to do it in two posts. Here's my BerleyPro light BerleyPro light.jpg C-Tug cart C-Tug.jpg Deep Cycle lithium battery Kayak Battery.jpg Light is on at full power but it does have a remote dimmer also Berley Night 1.jpgBerley Night.jpgBerley Light 2.jpgBerley Light 3.jpg Night time pics are total darkness, no other light was on outside and I didn't use a flash.
    I'm not really computer savoy. Having a hard time figuring out how to describe each pic somewhat. So just ask if you want any particulars.
    2016 Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

I love the berley pro light just wish they would make an amber lense cover or a second set of amber lights on an alternate switch for when you get into the bugs... white really draws them in and if you switch to amber they dissipate quickly. I made my own knockoff with some amazon leds with white and amber on separate switches and its amazing, just not as bright as that beast...

Originally posted by 1idrod View Post
      Pic heavy so had to do it in two posts. Here's my BerleyPro light [ATTACH=CONFIG]18360[/ATTACH] C-Tug cart [ATTACH=CONFIG]18361[/ATTACH] Deep Cycle lithium battery [ATTACH=CONFIG]18362[/ATTACH] Light is on at full power but it does have a remote dimmer also [ATTACH=CONFIG]18363[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18364[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18365[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18366[/ATTACH] Night time pics are total darkness, no other light was on outside and I didn't use a flash.
      I'm not really computer savoy. Having a hard time figuring out how to describe each pic somewhat. So just ask if you want any particulars.
      2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
      LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

very nice! I have that same battery and similar rod holder setup. One tip, attach the slide track adapters with loctite or they will rotate around when you catch something. I still might ditch mine and go with flush mounts.

Please update on those usb/12v ports too, I'm curious how they hold up in the salt.
        2015 Hobie Outback
        2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Outback LE Rigging so far

Where did you get that light?

I see them online and I would guess they are out of Australia. I don't see a place to purchase them nor a price. On the Berley Pro website they have a round saucer light but not that one. The only picture on the website returned via a search.
          Last edited by willf650; 03-10-2016, 10:42 PM.
          1980 Something Old Town Canoe
          2008 Native Ultimate 14.5
          2015 Coosa HD
          2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #56
          2017 Pelican Trailblazer 1000 (38# of portaging freedom)

Comment

Originally posted by silasvirus82 View Post
            very nice! I have that same battery and similar rod holder setup. One tip, attach the slide track adapters with loctite or they will rotate around when you catch something. I still might ditch mine and go with flush mounts.

Please update on those usb/12v ports too, I'm curious how they hold up in the salt.
            The usb/12v is a Marinco SeaLink Deluxe Dual USB Charger and 12V Receptacle purchased on Fleabay. Not sure how it will hold up since it's newly installed but would be glad to let you know in a year. I probably won't have near the salt time as most of you do to my location but hope to have some. Stealth now makes a track mount for the rod holders I'm eyeing now. If I use loctite wouldn't that make it non removable? I installed the tracks so I could haul upside down on ladder racks with little effort. At least that was my plan. Hope the battery was worth it also, only time will tell.
            2016 Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Originally posted by willf650 View Post

I see them online and I would guess they are out of Australia. I don't see a place to purchase them nor a price. On the Berley Pro website they have a round saucer light but not that one. The only see a picture on the website returned via a search.
              Will I got the light from a U.S. distributor that is no longer one. There website is not that easy to read. If you click on "Shop" then you should see what they have. They only have a 3 led light one offered now. You may try to pm them on Facebook. I had better luck that way. Mine didn't come with a flag but once I contacted them and explained that they got my info and said they were shipping me one. That was just a few days ago so I will see.
              2016 Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Will I got the light from a U.S. distributor that is no longer one. There website is not that easy to read. If you click on "Shop" then you should see what they have. They only have a 3 led light one offered now. You may try to pm them on Facebook. I had better luck that way. Mine didn't come with a flag but once I contacted them and explained that they got my info and said they were shipping me one. That was just a few days ago so I will see.
                That seems like to much of a pain to bother with. I'll stick with my headlamp for now.

Plus I don't have a Facebook account.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                1980 Something Old Town Canoe
                2008 Native Ultimate 14.5
                2015 Coosa HD
                2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #56
                2017 Pelican Trailblazer 1000 (38# of portaging freedom)

Comment

That seems like to much of a pain to bother with. I'll stick with my headlamp for now.

Plus I don't have a Facebook account.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  No problem. At the time I got mine I didn't know you could order directly from them. They now ship to the US for $21.20 through there website. I just checked. Mine was a little more hassle because I bought it from a distributor here that unknown to me was no longer one and was selling old stock.
                  2016 Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

they have it on the Aussie site $249 not sure of shipping though or if even able to ship here..

I see them online and I would guess they are out of Australia. I don't see a place to purchase them nor a price. On the Berley Pro website they have a round saucer light but not that one. The only picture on the website returned via a search.
                    2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
                    LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

The link I used shows two different lights for $169.00usd. It's just there name .com
                      2016 Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

The usb/12v is a Marinco SeaLink Deluxe Dual USB Charger and 12V Receptacle purchased on Fleabay. Not sure how it will hold up since it's newly installed but would be glad to let you know in a year. I probably won't have near the salt time as most of you do to my location but hope to have some. Stealth now makes a track mount for the rod holders I'm eyeing now. If I use loctite wouldn't that make it non removable? I installed the tracks so I could haul upside down on ladder racks with little effort. At least that was my plan. Hope the battery was worth it also, only time will tell.
                        The loctite just gives it a little more resistance to rotating, you can still get them off.
                        2015 Hobie Outback
                        2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Originally posted by silasvirus82 View Post
                          The loctite just gives it a little more resistance to rotating, you can still get them off.
                          Gotcha!! Just might have to try it. Thanks. Blue?
                          2016 Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

I think I used red actually, but blue should work fine too
                            2015 Hobie Outback
                            2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Great looking setup! Nice job! Now, lets wet a line!

Comment

Working...
                              X