July M&G Recap video.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July M&G Recap video.

It was another great M&G and i got the chance to meet some new faces to go with the internetz names.

Fishing for me was slow to say the least but i still had a great time. I started using a chartreuse buzz frog and a white spinner bait. After 200 or so casts i switched to a 5" swim bait, Then a 5" chartreuse senko, Then a 5" brown lizard, Then a pumpkin seed tube bait, Then a 3" electric blue craw fish, etc.... This went on for the next several hours with no love. I was fearing i had lost any bass mojo i had due to my hiatus from fresh water fishing for the last two years.

My only fish came courtesy of a kind gesture from Captain C-Hawk. I was sitting around picking out birds nests and cussing at my inability to throw lite lures with my bait casting gear while watching the captain catch bass one after another. After the 4th one in 30 mins my curiosity got the better of me and i paddled over to see what his secret was.

BUSH HOGS...

He kindly gave me one and no more than ten mins later i caught my one and only fish. A healthy 11 or so inch bass. Thanks Captain

About 40 mins later i sat-back and watched the show as Memory Maker went Toe to Toe with a beast of a catfish. Nice fish Memory Maker.

On the paddle back i had my only hit on the buzz frog and of course i missed it. I think it was a giant snakehead. Well at least that's what going to tell everyone.

As you will see in the video I found out that my Play-sport does not like filming directly into the setting sun. I had the perfect backdrop with the pads, marsh, Birds and setting sun. Unfortunately it came out all pink on the video. Really strange. Anyhow the paddle back was wonderful. The cool temps and setting sun made the previous days mishaps fade away. Mattawomen creek is a very peaceful setting and living in this area all my life i cant believe this was my first experience fishing this area.

I will be back again but this time with better frogs, Spinning gear and plenty of BUSH HOGS.

Video Recap.
    Mattawomen Recap video

Thanks for setting the event up Jffoley. I wish i made the lunch and tried the epic seafood platter you described.

Nice work on the video. Too bad about the missed fish on the buzz frog. That was my experience, too. You get one shot, and that's it.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Sweet!
      sigpic

Comment

Great recap of the day
        '12 Ocean Kayak Prowler trident 13 Orange
        '09 Wilderness Systems Ride 135 Red
        Kayak Fishing Mafia

-Both fish and men are often caught with artificial's-

Comment