Finally found some fish. 3/6 Patapsco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally found some fish. 3/6 Patapsco

Trolled around today looking for bait fish. The water temp was around 41 degrees. When I went shallow in 4 feet of water (43 degrees)started to mark bait. The rockfish were hanging in the ledges from 4 to 9 feet. Fished with another kayaker. We both did well. Caught over 25 easily each. They were in the 18-26 inch class. He used small paddle tails and I used small shallow diving plugs(did not have small paddle tails) bite slowed with the slack tide. This makes up for three straight skunks.
    John
    Hobie Adventure Island 16'

Slayer Propel 10

Pelican Trailblazer ( don't hate , pond use only)

Originally posted by tech11165 View Post
    Trolled around today looking for bait fish. The water temp was around 41 degrees. When I went shallow in 4 feet of water (43 degrees)started to mark bait. The rockfish were hanging in the ledges from 4 to 9 feet. Fished with another kayaker. We both did well. Caught over 25 easily each. They were in the 18-26 inch class. He used small paddle tails and I used small shallow diving plugs(did not have small paddle tails) bite slowed with the slack tide. This makes up for three straight skunks.
    Sounds like a good day to me
    Native Watercraft Pro Staff
    2016 Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick

2016 CCA MD "BLUE CAT" Tournament 2nd place
    33rd MSSA "THE CHAMPIONSHIP" Tournament 1st place
    2016 Curley's White Perch Tournament 1st place

Comment

Congrats on a nice day. Are you going out again tomorrow?
      Bruce

Hobie PA 14
      Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Originally posted by EMSer View Post
        Congrats on a nice day. Are you going out again tomorrow?
        I could go out but I got some stuff to do around the house. I also need to modify my kayak cart. It's such a hassle to get it from the shed to the car. But I am off on Mondays so I am game for future outings on Mondays.
        John

Slayer Propel 10

Comment

Great late winter day for you. I saw a couple guys on the water yesterday morning, uh shall I say up river a ways. Any chance it was you?

Comment

I was with another Kayaker. I am in a bright orange kayak.
            QUOTE=BimmerTech;126986]Great late winter day for you. I saw a couple guys on the water yesterday morning, uh shall I say up river a ways. Any chance it was you?[/QUOTE]
            John

Slayer Propel 10

Comment

I'm off every Monday and usually on Saturdays and live in AA county. If you guys ever want company ID live to join.

Comment

Working...
              X