X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Deal on Lowrance hd7 Gen 2 at Cabelas

$599 w free shipping after rebate

Not so great anymore ......... Price jumped $100
    Last edited by Memory Maker; 03-07-2016, 11:41 AM.

I have used the HDS-5 Gen 2 on my Slayer Propel 10 and another one on my center console. This model does not offer the downscan feature that the Lowrance Elite series does. But it does provide more control to adjust sensitivity and other aspects of the unit. I am not sure I care about the downscan view anyway. If you are willing to pay a bunch more, you can connect the HDS series to a side scan module that gives a lot of lateral sonar information.

That is a good price for a 7" diagonal screen. Presumably this model has been discontinued -- that is why the cost is lower.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

......... This one says it DOES include the downscan and you can add sidescan by adding the sidescan transducer

http://www.cabelas.com/product/lowra...t=11&ctb=PROD1

Comment

Rick -

You are correct. I did not realize it was the newer touchscreen version. Thanks for clarifying.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

No problem ........... I wouldn't want it if it didn't and I would have wanted you to point it out if it didn't

Comment

Working...
          X