Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whatever Happened to the Susquehanna Flats Kayak Fishing Jamboree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatever Happened to the Susquehanna Flats Kayak Fishing Jamboree?

Whatever happened to the Susquehanna Flats Kayak Fishing Jamboree? Doesn't appear to be happening again this year. Is it history?

It is sorta history for now, was hard for the guys to run, although if you head down around mid April there was a lot of guys in the campground and on the water, we had a great time last year!...Jack

Comment

Here is the short of it. It was a logistical nightmare getting everything to the campground, and then to the picnic area and back. I personally would put close to 500 miles in during the days leading up to the event picking up the pig and delivering it to get cooked, picking up the rest of the food and so on and so on....We were trying to find a place we could hold the event at and not have to drive all over Maryland and Delaware to get things done.

We were in full swing to start organizing an event for this year and get everything rolling when the bottom fell out for myself and Rob C, who was my go to guy on getting a lot of the little crap done as well as a ton of the IT stuff. We both work for Dupont, and unless you have been living under a rock and have no connections to the news, Dupont has been thrown into a major tailspin with a merger with Dow. There were close to 2000 people laid off or offered a buy out. My job was affected by having to take on the calibrations of all production instrumentation at my site on top of my regular duties. We lost half of my department to the cuts. Rob has been a dual coast Duponter since the layoffs between Christmas and the end of February with his newly added on duties in his business division. There is just no time to organize an event right now. We both have to keep our professional lives and families first for the next year.

Once things are settled out and we have an idea what are careers will be doing, we still plan on revisiting the jamboree.

Comment

Working...
      X