New fishing book available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EMSer View Post
    Congratulations, John!! I can't wait to read it.

You have been so generous with your wisdom, both to me, and countless other rookies, that I am sure this will be an invaluable resource that will quickly find a treasured place in many a fishing library. I know it will in mine.

Congratulations again!
    +1 on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
      If you can, buy straight through John. It cuts out the middle man and he gets all the profits.
      Thanks for adding to the available information on our beautiful bay John!
      Thanks Alan. As a published author you understand that this is not a huge revenue opportunity. My motives for publishing the book are not focused on making vast amounts of money (which would be great but highly improbable). Rather I like the idea of having a published document that outlines my thoughts available in the public record for others to read. As I note in the book, I am not the greatest fisherman out there (after Alan's magnificent catch yesterday, he moves into consideration for that title) but I have learned quite a bit over the years. Hopefully some of my ideas and tips will help others.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
        Thanks Alan. As a published author you understand that this is not a huge revenue opportunity. My motives for publishing the book are not focused on making vast amounts of money (which would be great but highly improbable). Rather I like the idea of having a published document that outlines my thoughts available in the public record for others to read. As I note in the book, I am not the greatest fisherman out there (after Alan's magnificent catch yesterday, he moves into consideration for that title) but I have learned quite a bit over the years. Hopefully some of my ideas and tips will help others.
        John's right. For the amount of effort put into writing these things, we're better off spending the time at work. When I wrote my first book, I spent hours every day for about 6 months. We do it for the love of it and to add something to the fishing world. Pretty much everyone in the fishing business, the local guys, make incredible products at very low profits. But that's what you want to buy if you can. Heck, I see rigs like mine sell for twice the price, but I could never sell them with good conscience to my fishing friends. You'll get to meet some knowledgeable folks and get something intended for the fish we catch.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Kokatat Pro Staff
        Torqeedo Pro Staff
        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
        Alan

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
          Oh...and as far as the title of greatest fisherman out there....who cares? If you're having fun and can help others have fun that's enough of an accomplishment! I'm humbled by talking to other anglers all the time. There's so much to learn. We're all blessed to have our fishery and for guys like yourself that want to share what they know.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Kokatat Pro Staff
          Torqeedo Pro Staff
          Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
          Alan

Comment

You are a class act Alan, my sons and I enjoy your book and we are looking forward to John's new book. My youngest Used your book as one of his school projects. I'm a proud popa!!
            Harlan

Revo 13
            Trident 13
            Cuda 14
            Necky Tandem

Comment

Congrats, just bought the book and can't wait to read it.
              Ride 135 Green
              Big Tuna Orange
              12ft Bote HD
              Outback Blue with Orange Deck

Comment

Congrats John,
                you've already helped me out on the water, looking forward to reading the book!
                New to the game but not a rookie!

Comment

What a deal, 19.99 for the book and if you see John in person, he will autograph the book for 1 penny.. No tax, no shipping, no wait time.
                  Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                  Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

John, it was nice to finally meet you at Marshall Hall last weekend. I'm looking forward to reading your new book.

I'm a Kindle owner and Amazon customer, but per Alan's suggestion, I would like to get a copy from you if possible.

Sent from my PalmPilot using Tapatalk
                    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Congrats, John! I look forward to getting a copy
                      -Jon
                      Revo 13

Comment

Hi John, my copies arrived last week. It was a joy to read and a true reference to treasure. Thank you very much.
                        Harlan

Revo 13
                        Trident 13
                        Cuda 14
                        Necky Tandem

Comment

I will have a table at the Essex - Middle River MSSA flea market this Saturday. I plan to sell books. If you already bought one from Amazon, bring your copy with you, and I can sign it.

Details:

Annual Fishing Flea Market

Essex-Middle River Chapter MSSA

March 19 & 20, 9-4 Saturday and 9-2 on Sunday

Commodore Hall, 1909 Old Eastern Ave. in Essex, MD 21221

Over 100 vendor tables

New and Used Fishing Tackle, Boats and Trailers

Food and Drinks available

Admission only $3.00
                          John Veil
                          Annapolis

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I dropped off a shipment of books at Anglers Sport Center this morning. Signed copies of the book are available at both Anglers and Marty's.

Anglers 1.jpg Marty's 2.jpg
                            John Veil
                            Annapolis

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                              I'm excited for John and also excited for our kayak fishing community because we have another source of excellent angling advice.

Congratulations John.
                              +1

Comment

Working...
                              X