No announcement yet.

anybody fishing this sunday (3/6)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, tough day for many from what I hear. Hopefully the warm weather helps for the meet and greet.

Comment

i will be out almost the whole week, just did my finals for this semester so i have a week off school which means a whole week of fishing!
      Native Watercraft Pro Staff
      2016 Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick

2016 CCA MD "BLUE CAT" Tournament 2nd place
      33rd MSSA "THE CHAMPIONSHIP" Tournament 1st place
      2016 Curley's White Perch Tournament 1st place

Comment

Well this a great week for it! Im off Friday. I might do marshall hall again in case we get rained out saturday.

Comment

i will let you know how i do
          Native Watercraft Pro Staff
          2016 Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick

2016 CCA MD "BLUE CAT" Tournament 2nd place
          33rd MSSA "THE CHAMPIONSHIP" Tournament 1st place
          2016 Curley's White Perch Tournament 1st place

Comment

yes there is always debris in yhis area.....gpod thing about m&g is there will be many guys with experience fishing this spot and we'll be spreadout soo once some guys start catching we can move that direction
            14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
            2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Is faster current better? It seemed slack for hours and then i finally got a very slow drift going. Thats when I caught one.

Comment

yes, some current is key, i prefer falling tide for the west side spots. East side does not seem to matter. if it seemed slack for a long period, it may have been your location. That is one of the reasons i look for the hard sand bottom which indicates a bar washed by current....hard for some anchors to grab there though.
                Like all bars, they move a little bit so i always have look around to find it...

Comment

note the tapering edge of the bar(only visable in this pic because of the late summer date of the shot and some weed growth)
                  This is the ēdge i try to fish. The taper is an obvious sign of current edge

Comment

Yeah my friend and I fished from shore since he doesn't have a kayak. Got skunked. Fished off the bank about 500 yards to the left of the boat ramp for 3 hours or so, then fished the pier by the colonial farm for another hour or so. The guys who had been on the pier all day said they only caught a couple, and that Saturday was better. Hoping to do better this Saturday. And also hoping it's not super crowded with boats, since the weathers going to be very warm over the next week or so.

Comment

Working...
                    X