Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Survival Products now finances kayaks!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survival Products now finances kayaks!!!!

If you have been eyeing a new Hobie (or other brand) kayak but cannot come up with $2000+ all at once to pay for it, you are likely not alone. It is a tough pill to swallow and it can be even tougher on your wallet. With that said, Survival Products in Salisbury, MD now offers financing to help get interested anglers into the kayak that they may otherwise not be able to purchase one all at once. See below and visit their website for all the details. The guys and gals at Survival are really trying their best to promote this awesome sport and hopefully this option gets more people outside and on the water in a boat they are excited about.

Make it possible with financing!

With Survival Products synchrony financing you can purchase the products you want or need. Visit
    http://www.survivalproducts.com/synchrony-financing/
    to see our special financing options.
    Subject to credit approval. Minimum monthly payments required. See store for details.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Not a bad deal if you plan to pay it off within 18 months. Otherwise, rates get steep pretty quick. Could be good for someone who is currently saving for a yak but doesn't have enough to pay in full.
    I need a good paddling

Motorized 2014 Hobie Pro Angler 12
    Garmin Echomap 93sv
    RIP, favorite St. Croix Rod

Comment

I agree totally. I know it would have and still would be helpful if I were purchasing a new Hobie. I'd also make sure it was paid off in 18 months because 0% is pretty nice. I did some quick math and it looks reasonable. I also forgot to mention that the customer can also include any accessories into the payment.

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
      2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

I don't know if this is a good or bad thing. The 0% is great if you have the discipline and the resources to make sure it is paid off in the 18 month time frame. At the time many many people can get their self in big trouble with credit. If you don't have the money for a kayak you may just not have the money for a kayak. Stretching out the payments can be a real danger if some other emergency or unexpected needed expense comes up in the meantime. If your cash flow is tight consider the offer carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by DonV View Post
          I don't know if this is a good or bad thing. The 0% is great if you have the discipline and the resources to make sure it is paid off in the 18 month time frame. At the time many many people can get their self in big trouble with credit. If you don't have the money for a kayak you may just not have the money for a kayak. Stretching out the payments can be a real danger if some other emergency or unexpected needed expense comes up in the meantime. If your cash flow is tight consider the offer carefully.
          Wise words to anyone regardless if you are looking at a kayak, car, etc. This is a great option for someone who is disciplined enough to make a payment. The quick math on a new Outback at 0% comes out to around $138 per month for 18 months. That is A LOT better than the $2350 needed to purchase it outright. Heck, it is cheaper than most cable bills, but you still need that self-discipline.

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
          2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

auto pay is the key. I have done similar to this (not for a yak but for a freezer). you purchase it at 0% for 18 months, take the total and divide by 17, setup your bank to pay that amount automatically each month. That way you don't need to be disciplined.. it is all automatic.
            People who use the word "literally" wrong literally kill me.

Comment

Of course the 18 months/No Interest is the ideal package, but even if you aren't able to pay for everything in that time frame, Synchrony financing might work for you. There are also attractive plans at 5.99%APR, 7.99%APR and 9.99%APR that are very affordable and much kinder to the wallet than the average credit card rates. Please don't hesitate to give us a call to see how the options work.
              410-543-1244 or send an email to sturner@rommelusa.com.

Comment

when I was FIRST looking at a kayak I asked a couple shops about financing and they looked at me like I was crazy. One shop even said that if I needed to finance a kayak I should just wait until I can afford it.

If they had financing at that time I would have purchased a different kayak and not have had to buy a cheaper one, then three years later buy the one I actually wanted. I would have gotten a Hobie Outback from the start (I actually have an old town minn kota now.. but the point is the same).
                People who use the word "literally" wrong literally kill me.

Comment

Working...
                X