Bay Bridge East (Terrapin Beach) 7/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Bridge East (Terrapin Beach) 7/10

Got out on the water @ 5:30am, caught a few perch on nightcrawlers for livelining. Met toadfinger out on the water a little while later, he already pulled in 5 stripers fishing the east bridge pilings by the time I caught up. I didn't even bother livelining beyond 1 perch, they were hitting the 3/4oz shad jigs just fine. I got my 2 keepers @ 21" each (first stripers I've ever caught!), toad pulled in...a lot, probably 15-20 total, including a nice 30 incher with a reward tag.

My dinner

Toad's tagged fish
    Last edited by frettr00; 07-10-2011, 11:56 AM.
    2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Great trip guys, Looks like I need to get up that way soon
    '12 Ocean Kayak Prowler trident 13 Orange
    '09 Wilderness Systems Ride 135 Red
    Kayak Fishing Mafia

-Both fish and men are often caught with artificial's-

Comment

NIIIIIIICE !!!!!!!!!

Looks like a great day ...... congrats

Oh BTW ....... did you launch from terrapin? How was it ......

Comment

Diamond Jim!!!?

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
          NIIIIIIICE !!!!!!!!!

Looks like a great day ...... congrats

Oh BTW ....... did you launch from terrapin? How was it ......
          Launched from Terrapin, it's about a half mile walk from the parking lot to the beach. You need a sturdy wheel cart and have to watch some areas of the trail since they're uneven. The walk in isn't too bad, but when you're coming back and tired after all that paddling and it's super hot out, the walk back is a bit tiring. Paddling out from the launch it's about 1 mile to the bridge each way.

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
          Diamond Jim!!!?
          Yeah that's what I thought when he said it had a tag... Probably a nice $$ prize on that one.
          2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Nice work on some fine fish, gents. Were you jigging shads? Was it hard keeping contact with the lure?
            Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
            Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
              Nice work on some fine fish, gents. Were you jigging shads? Was it hard keeping contact with the lure?
              Yeah, was jigging a 3/4 oz charteuse shad. I think toad had a silver/white colored BKD.
              2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

hopefully that's Diamond Jim!!

Md Anglers Stalk Diamond Jim and $10,000 Prize

Updated: Tuesday, 31 May 2011, 9:21 PM EDT
                Published : Tuesday, 31 May 2011, 9:21 PM EDT
                ANNAPOLIS, Md. - The Maryland Department of Natural Resources says it has released the first batch of 200 tagged striped bass for this year's Maryland Fishing Challenge, including a specially tagged fish known as Diamond Jim that is worth at least $10,000. Other tagged fish are worth at least $500.
                The fish were released Tuesday at sites across the bay. The Department of Natural Resources says it will release fish each month including a specially tagged Diamond Jim. The top prize value goes up as the summer goes on, from $10,000 in June, to $20,000 in July and $25,000 in August.
                If one isn't caught, the prize money will be distributed among those who catch the other tagged fish.
                The event runs through Labor Day.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stupidjet View Post
                  hopefully that's Diamond Jim!!

Md Anglers Stalk Diamond Jim and $10,000 Prize

Updated: Tuesday, 31 May 2011, 9:21 PM EDT
                  Published : Tuesday, 31 May 2011, 9:21 PM EDT
                  ANNAPOLIS, Md. - The Maryland Department of Natural Resources says it has released the first batch of 200 tagged striped bass for this year's Maryland Fishing Challenge, including a specially tagged fish known as Diamond Jim that is worth at least $10,000. Other tagged fish are worth at least $500.
                  The fish were released Tuesday at sites across the bay. The Department of Natural Resources says it will release fish each month including a specially tagged Diamond Jim. The top prize value goes up as the summer goes on, from $10,000 in June, to $20,000 in July and $25,000 in August.
                  If one isn't caught, the prize money will be distributed among those who catch the other tagged fish.
                  The event runs through Labor Day.
                  He got $5 for the turn in
                  2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Congrats on the first rock from the kayak!!! Definitely addicting...
                    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                      Congrats on the first rock from the kayak!!! Definitely addicting...
                      They gave a great fight, especially since I caught them on a very lightweight rod with 8lb test. So far I think bluefish might be better fighters, but I'll wait until I hook into a 30"+ striper until I make that decision...
                      2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

lb for lb, no doubt a blue puts up a better fight, and for longer!
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X