Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else targeting bluefish this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a convenient launch near CHSP, or do people normally launch in the surf? Only concerned because I have a sit inside kayak, not a SOT

Comment

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
      Is there a convenient launch near CHSP, or do people normally launch in the surf? Only concerned because I have a sit inside kayak, not a SOT
      If you launch from inside the sea wall / Lewes beach side, you will not be exposed to surf
      Bruce

Hobie PA 14
      Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Originally posted by EMSer View Post
        If you launch from inside the sea wall / Lewes beach side, you will not be exposed to surf
        Dank.

Comment

This is pretty exciting. I plan to do a little more traveling outside my local waters this season and this will be the first of the year. I think I may bring a few people along and rent a cabin.

I've only caught one small blue on an xrap. Looks like most are trolling hard baits and spoons? I think I'll go joes route and try for tog and flounder. Never caught those either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          -Jon
          Revo 13

Comment

I may have missed this earlier in the thread, but where is the best access point for launching a yak w/o a half mile drag?
            Bruce

Hobie PA 14

Comment

Park at CHSP fishing pier and there is a trail that goes to beach behind dumpster (unless they moved dumpster this year). Also another trail on otherside of pier past the bath houses. Sand Tires beach carts are nice to have here.

Comment

Originally posted by Delaware Paddlesports View Post
                Park at CHSP fishing pier and there is a trail that goes to beach behind dumpster (unless they moved dumpster this year). Also another trail on otherside of pier past the bath houses. Sand Tires beach carts are nice to have here.
                Perfect. Thanks. Gonna head out there Wednesday. I will definitely stop in the shop.

How is the access from the Post Rd parking lot?
                Bruce

Hobie PA 14

Comment

Working...
                X