Out of stater(license question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of stater(license question)

If I buy a year long license can I purchase it now or do I need to wait.? I need to buy a license for the M&G Mar12 at Marshall Hall but didn't know what the best option would be.
    2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
    LOWRANCE Hook7

You can use either a Maryland or Virginia license in the main Potomac. Maryland started a year long license this year. If you bought a license today it would be good until Feb 22 2017 instead of expiring on Dec 31. No real advantage to waiting to buy your license unless you thought you might be back in early March next year.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Hey there, welcome to Maryland! The licenses in Maryland just changed so that they are 365 day licenses that start from the day you purchase them. No more deciding whether or not to buy for the remainder of the year. You can save the $5 in gas and easily buy or manage your MD license online at Compass. Welcome again and enjoy everything MD has to offer!
      -Omid

2015 ivory outback

Comment

Marshal Hall is tidal water, so a MD Bay Sport is the license you need. It covers all of the tidal water in MD and VA including the ocean and coastal bays. The non-resident bay sport costs $22.50 for 365 days. The non-resident MD fresh (non-tidal) water license will cost a minimum of $30.50 or reciprocal to your home state's non-resident fee. This license only covers MD fresh water.

Comment

Does anybody know if and how MD licenses are used on the Atlantic like during the Rehoboth MeetNGreet? I've fished in NJ and just needed to be on the saltwater registry at no cost. Looking at their website they have a 7 day out of state license for 12.50.
          PigPen - Mt Airy
          Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Originally posted by PigPen View Post
            Does anybody know if and how MD licenses are used on the Atlantic like during the Rehoboth MeetNGreet? I've fished in NJ and just needed to be on the saltwater registry at no cost. Looking at their website they have a 7 day out of state license for 12.50.
            You would need to buy a license from Delaware. Delaware only has one license that covers both salt and freshwater. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by PigPen View Post
              If you purchase the MD Bay license from DNR they give you a registration number. According to NOAA once you register in any state it covers them all. As far as the fishing license, only MD and VA are reciprocal. If another state requires a license you'll need to get one.

This from the NOAA page
              As of January 1, 2011, if you have a saltwater recreational fishing license or registration from any state
              or U.S. territory EXCEPT Hawaii, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands, you are AUTOMATICALLY
              registered and do not need to take further action. Please be sure to follow all
              laws and regulations in the waters in which you are fishing.

Comment

this isn't the only M&G I plan to attend I just didn't know that it went to a 365 vs what it used to be like june to june or whatever. I did the 7 day license starting on the 10th for this trip I guess ill buy full license on the next go around... I bought a hobie for bigger water and I intend to use it as such haha... cant wait to meet up with new people and tighten some lines

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
                You can use either a Maryland or Virginia license in the main Potomac. Maryland started a year long license this year. If you bought a license today it would be good until Feb 22 2017 instead of expiring on Dec 31. No real advantage to waiting to buy your license unless you thought you might be back in early March next year.
                2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
                LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Working...
                X