I got bored so i added a volt meter to my battery box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got bored so i added a volt meter to my battery box

Just as the title says it, i was bored and had a digital volt meter and momentary switch laying around so i decided to add them to my battery box. I figure it would be useful to see how much life is left after a trip. Or before a trip.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    This is the small volt meter (.400x.900) i went ahead and drilled a hole for the switch and made a slot for the meter to sit flush.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    I epoxied everything in place and sealed the electronics so no moisture gets in.
    Then soldered all the connections and finished them off with heat shrink.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Thinking about adding one to the kayak now.
    Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
    -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
    -Orange Heritage featherlite

good idea. Always pulling my charger out...pulling my battery box and putting it on charge to see its still 90%+

Ya may want to check your sonar to see if its got a voltage overlay, before ya go drilling into the yak.

Comment

My sonar has a voltage feature which is really nice since it is sitting there right in front of me.

John
      John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
      MK Endura Max 55 backup power
      Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Very clean installation! How much "stuff" do you run from it...fish finder and such?

eyedaddy

Comment

Thanks! Currently i run a power pole micro, elite 5, and a small led light only when its dark out.
          Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
          -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
          -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

Working...
          X