I would like to attend. Please add me to the list. Thanks

Comment

Gotcha barefoot

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk
        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Kevin,
          what size line do you usually use? Braided, mono, floro?
          New to the game but not a rookie!

Comment

Originally posted by mccray44 View Post
            Kevin,
            what size line do you usually use? Braided, mono, floro?
            I use a variety of braided line, all 30+, my base leader is 20lb for all the fishing I do, but I use heavier on occasion. Pre snelled hooks come with much heavier leader

Comment

It's becoming increasing annoying how my work schedule seems to always overlap with these things. This one especially as I have been itching to catch a big cat. Have fun everyone and give those fat bastards hell.
              Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
              Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
                I use a variety of braided line, all 30+, my base leader is 20lb for all the fishing I do, but I use heavier on occasion. Pre snelled hooks come with much heavier leader
                Thanks again!
                New to the game but not a rookie!

Comment

Originally posted by bunnielab View Post
                  It's becoming increasing annoying how my work schedule seems to always overlap with these things. This one especially as I have been itching to catch a big cat. Have fun everyone and give those fat bastards hell.
                  Dr. Bill....still available

Comment

I plan to attend I am off and the boss lady approved too lol .. its a 4 hours trip so is there camping near this boat ramp ??? If we stay out all day I may decide to sleep a bit before heading home, either way count me in. what do you expect the water temp to be like I was out on water today in my yak, started at 38, ended at 42 when I left.. and I was in my waders.. should this be alright. If I need to im willing to buy a cheap PVC rainsuit to stay a lil more dry ive done it before and theyre windproof so they keep ya bit warm too..
                    2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
                    LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Regarding cold weather gear, you want to dress for the worst case scenario - turtling. The PVC rain suit won't help you much if you're in the drink.

Sent from my PalmPilot using Tapatalk
                      2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                      Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Also, don't know if it's been said already...but double hook bottom rigs work great too, as they hold 2 hooks at varying distances above the ground. I've caught plenty of catfish on them, as well as about 15 other species of fish, because they're my go to rig for just about any saltwater fishing, especially surf fishing. The other thing you can do to get livers to stay on hooks better, is to buy a package of cheap pantyhose, and slide a liver down into one, then just cut off a little excess, and tie off both ends, then you just place the hook through the center of that nasty lump of stink. It'll stay on, but it can be a pain to get it off later on.

Comment

Just remember that Blue catfish grow to enormous size- the Maryland state record came from this area and for that reason- I fish with heavier tackle and a single hook fish finder rig- it would be a shame for you to hook a monster fish on small hook double bottom rig that has little chance of landing the fish...and blue cats are pretty tasty on the table, too- I don't eat big ones, but anything under 30 inches comes home for filets...
                          Last edited by ronaultmtd; 02-23-2016, 08:16 PM.
                          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by suicyderider View Post
                            I plan to attend I am off and the boss lady approved too lol .. its a 4 hours trip so is there camping near this boat ramp ??? If we stay out all day I may decide to sleep a bit before heading home, either way count me in. what do you expect the water temp to be like I was out on water today in my yak, started at 38, ended at 42 when I left.. and I was in my waders.. should this be alright. If I need to im willing to buy a cheap PVC rainsuit to stay a lil more dry ive done it before and theyre windproof so they keep ya bit warm too..
                            I don't know about camping near there, but most of the guys I know that fish card there in winter aren't early risers. The tides seem to be more important to them than early light. Summer It is different, but winter guys launch between 8-10. It is a 24 he ramp so I don't know why you could not nap either before or after in the parking lot.

Comment

Kevin, count me in for fishing. Thanks!

-Steve M.

Comment

Originally posted by cryptotek View Post
                                Kevin, count me in for fishing. Thanks!

-Steve M.
                                Will do!

Comment

Working...
                                X