No announcement yet.

March meet and greet...Potomac Blue Cats at Marshall Hall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice catches with a few over 27. I was hoping for at least a 24 incher...I caught 2 last year at this same meet and greet, but this year they were all small ones. I can't complain with the number I caught...they were just on the small size. All in all, I thought it was a great day with the weather and seeing all the kayakers out on the water.

I've got all mine cleaned up....think I'll smoke 'em tomorrow. Maybe fillet one up this evening.

Comment

• Sounds like you guys did well!

Down river we managed to get 16 blue cats. Biggest was 18 lbs. Matched kevinfry's 6 incher as well. Other than that 6 incher, everything else was over 10 lbs.

Also got a white perch and a nice sized rockfish.
      Native Watercraft Pro Staff
      2016 Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick

2016 CCA MD "BLUE CAT" Tournament 2nd place
      33rd MSSA "THE CHAMPIONSHIP" Tournament 1st place
      2016 Curley's White Perch Tournament 1st place

Comment

• I had a blast today. I got 5 in the boat and lost 2 near the boat. The largest was 15 inches the smallest was about 8. Had LOTS of nibbles.

It was great meeting everyone and my goal for this year is to get to more MnGs.

THis was my first attempt at fishing for Cats and all I can say is it is SMELLY. My hands still stink of that rottin fish I was using. The Cats seemed to like it but my wife is not so pleased
        People who use the word "literally" wrong literally kill me.

Comment

• Had a good time as well. Thanks again kevin for everything. Caught 6… lost 1 trying to put it on the stringer. Smallest was 10", biggest was 24". They're on ice now since I'm too tired to fillet tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pat Smith View Post
            I had a blast today. I got 5 in the boat and lost 2 near the boat. The largest was 15 inches the smallest was about 8. Had LOTS of nibbles.

It was great meeting everyone and my goal for this year is to get to more MnGs.

THis was my first attempt at fishing for Cats and all I can say is it is SMELLY. My hands still stink of that rottin fish I was using. The Cats seemed to like it but my wife is not so pleased
            it was great to fish with you pat
            waterless hand cleaner is the only solution for catfish hands......i like the orange best, but they all work....eventually
            14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
            2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

• Also thank you bill and Ethan for letting me fish with you and kevin too...I eventually caught all my fish at that spot, but had to switch to smaller j hooks to get them. Didn't ever make the connection that icatalaurus was/is bill. A fellow scientist to boot. What's his doctorate in again?

Comment

• He could tell you his degree....something fissshy

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk
                14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

• An some pictures for your enjoyment. I was not able to fish, but I had a good time meeting old and new Snaggedliners and lunch was great! Thanks for putting this on Kevin. You and others who participated in the thread provided a lot of useful information. Great job.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Nice work fellas and glad the weather played nice with a meet and greet. Need to get out and fish!

Comment

• It was a good day despite my motor crapping out. Later at home I got the prop off. Turned out the shear pin had rusted through.

Easy fix. Hopefully the new pin will arrive before next weekend.

The bite was off for me except one good hit where I missed the set. Might have done better if I had picked up the mullet in DC as I had planned. The artificial baits just weren't doing the trick.

But it was good getting out and seeing everyone.
                      Thanks Kevin.

Sent from my PalmPilot using Tapatalk
                      2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                      Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Working...
                      X