No announcement yet.

M&G The SnakeHead Hunt 7/9/2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice picks Bill. It was a great time and I too am not use to fishing those weedy areas. I am glad that you eventually got the skunk off of your rod.

Comment

Hey Martin ........ where's my pics ....... or did I break your camera

Comment

sounds like a great time, wish i could have joined you. thanks for the pics
        sigpic

Comment

Great pics, Bill! Especially of the sunset! Awesome!

Martin, Excellent documentation! Great memories for sure...

Martin & Bill: Official M&G photographers!

Comment

glad every one had a good time sorry i couldnt be there

Comment

Snakehead fishing in Mattawoman Creek, MD - July 9, 2011

Here is the video of Redfish in the morning. I caught 3 LM and hooked but couldn't land two 4 pounder. I also saw a 7-8 pound LM gulping a bait out of a small hole in the grass bed. Redfish broadcasted snakehead sightings along the edge of grass bed when he stood up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMqck5rOEPE

BTW, Redfish and I fished Bay Bridge on the following day. Redfish caught many striper on BKD. Just watching him casting with anticipation of hook up was more entertaining than my fishing. I am preparing the video of Redfish catching bay bridge striper.

Thanks,

Joe
              Fish like there's no tomorrow.
              Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

awesome pics and videos everyone!
                Hobie Revolution 13
                Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Welcome to the site Joe!!! I have some good video of you pulling in bass that I will put up later tonight.

That small snakehead had a lot of meat on it and was easy to clean actually. It was also full of roe which surprised me since it is not very large. No wonder they are spreading so quickly! I caught a couple of bass on the paddle tail flukes and missed a few blow ups from snakeheads that scared the crap out of me. I almost fell out of the boat when standing bc two blew up on my frog at the same time. I will definitely go back to that place.

Bob, sorry again about calling you Steve the whole time at lunch... not sure what's wrong with me.
                  Last edited by Redfish12; 07-12-2011, 09:58 AM.
                  Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                  Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                  https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Welcome to the site Joe and thanks for the video.

Redfish,
                    Great job on nabbing that snakehead. How do you like the Native? It looks very stable and a great sight casting platform. Was that your frist trip in the native?

I need to work on standing up in my Kayak but I'm worried that the kayak is to tipsy for my size. My tarpon would probably be a better stand up platform for me seeing its 3ft shorter and 3 inches wider.

Comment

Redfish,
                      I bought the same frog, silver lure, hooks from Dick's. I may fish the creek 7-11 on this coming Saturday with a teenager

Mmonolis,
                      Redfish looked very comfortable on the Native 14. If I go there again alone, I may take T140. I can stand up in the calm water because I am a small person. Anyway thanks for the many tips you provided in the past.

joe
                      Fish like there's no tomorrow.
                      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Welcome guy .......... Michael looks like a movie star and Comeonfish looks like a great videographer ......... both good fishermen ..........

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
                          Redfish,
                          I bought the same frog, silver lure, hooks from Dick's. I may fish the creek 7-11 on this coming Saturday with a teenager

Mmonolis,
                          Redfish looked very comfortable on the Native 14. If I go there again alone, I may take T140. I can stand up in the calm water because I am a small person. Anyway thanks for the many tips you provided in the past.

joe

Good to hear Joe, I hope they are there waiting for you guys!

MM I don't know about that! The native is a cool boat. It was nice to finally get it wet.
                          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Working...
                          X