Heading to Romancoke Sunda 7/10/2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heading to Romancoke Sunda 7/10/2011

I plan on heading to Romancoke in the morning. I plan on being there by 5:30am after making a stop at Anglers at 5:00am for some bait. I plan on catch and release for this trip. SurfDog and another kayer will be there too.

Made it to Romancoke by 5:20am. I met SurfDog and TuckedIn for this outing. We launched by 6:00am and headed out to the same underwater point with a steep dropoff that we fished last week. I We all caught anything from jumbo spots, perch, 14 to 15.5 inch croakers, and a few dink rocks. Surf did catch a 25 inch Striper on a thawed out peeler crab. It was a great day on the water. The current was alittle swifter today than last week. This caused us to drift faster than we would normally want to. Regardless, we caught a mess of fish. I only kept 3 croakers, because I do not feel like cleaning too many fish today.

After we got back to shore, TuckedIn (Chris) and I headed over to checkout Terrapen Trail. We unloaded our yaks and hauled them to the beach, then paddled a mile to the beach where we met up with Toadfinger(Steve) and Jimbo. We did not stay long since we were not prepared for an extended day on the water and we were beat from fishing earlier. It was good to see another launch location. The paved walkway was kayak cart friendly until you got near the beach where you would have to drag your boat across the sand. Also, the walk back was tiring. All in all, a good day out on the water.

Comment

Dang Martin ........ don't you sleep? ........ I got home @ 11:30 and you were back at a ramp @ 5+ ..........

You and Pinch never quit ........

Comment

^lol, seriously

thanks for the write up
        sigpic

Comment

You're hardcore, Martin, though it's hard to be two productive days in a row. Nice work.
          Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
          Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

that rock made up for not fishing yesterday and it tasted great after coming off the grill.

you know moc fish all day, chase grannys all night

Comment

Nice job, guys. Holy crap, Martin! What Bill said... hardcore. Wish I lived closer to the bay. I thought about doing something today considering the truck was loaded and ready but... I got home at 11:30pm last night. Took a nap this afternoon...

Comment

Thanks for the recap. I think you and Surf have that area of the bay figured out pretty well. I wanted to get out today but my shoulders are still sore from Saturdays outing. I didn't even paddle that much maybe 3 miles total. I need to hit the water more than once a week.

I forgot to ask you how your FF was reading with all the junk in the water at Mattawomen creek. Is it easy to distinguish the bottom on your higher res unit? All i saw on mine was noise from 2ft to the bottom weeds even in the main creek channel.

Comment

Good job guys!

[QUOTE=surfdog;
                  You know moc fish all day, chase grannys all night[/QUOTE]
                  Watch thoose old girls Martin, I heard they have worms! Lol
                  GB

Comment

Did you guys catch fish near/over structure, or out in the open?

Anyone going to Romancoke this weekend?

Mike,
                    I fished Mattawoman several times, and the weeds drove my FF haywire.
                    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Mike--my fishfinder worked fine, even with the weeds, unless I was almost in the lily pads. In the open channel, I could tell weeds that were drifting in the water column from fish. Based on what I saw, I think there are a bunch more catfish there like the one Rick got. Anyway, I have a Humminbird 565, and I'll check the sensitivity settings the next time I have it fired up. I have it toned down a bit, but it's still sensitive enough to pick up thermoclines.
                      Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

hey whos this good looking guy? i was thinking of heading down the end of thilman island to blackwalnut point at the mouth of the choptank, getting tired of the same old places, have ramp will travel

we were out past the channel where the bottom comes back up to 20' or so straight out from the ramp IDK about 1/2 mile there is a milk jug and up a bit a white bouy.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Surf, are you going to Tilman this Sat or Sun? Hmmmm....my Sunday maybe free.

Comment

i can hold off till sunday if you want to go. i'll do the coke on sat or maybe the severn for some wps

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
                              i'll do the coke on sat
                              lol
                              <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Working...
                              X