No announcement yet.

Transducer mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread just blew my mind. I had sweet Jerry rigged system last fall for rock in the magothy, but this seems was away better. Great question OP and even better answers. Haha
    Green Team
    Future Beach 10' sit in - Lime Green
    Ascend FS12T - Lime Green

Comment

I used the "Silicone Pool" method. That is where you make little walls out of the duct seal stuff.. then you fill that carefully with silicone so that there is no bubbles. Then you carefully submerge the transducer and let it all dry. I had good results with it, the temp readings seemed OK. Then I put something in my hull and knocked the whole thing caddy-whumpus so now none of it works.
      People who use the word "literally" wrong literally kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby B View Post
        Is there a way to install In duckseal without air bubbles

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
        Use wax paper on top and bottom of the duct seal and roll it with a kitchen roller to make it flat with no bubble areas. Peel off the wax paper and install.

Comment

2nd (maybe like 10th by now) vote for duct seal. I tried marine goop before, but it ended up just having too many air bubbles and quit giving a good signal on my 3rd outing. Used the duct seal and went out for a whole afternoon out of kent narrows, never had an issue. Make sure to route your transducer wire (regardless if it's through hull mount or mounted in the water) in a place where it won't get kicked, cable ties help here. I mounted my transducer just behind my seat, underneath the plastic support. That way if it does happen to pop off, I can quickly re attach it, and it's never in the way. You'll also want to invest in a dry box for the battery. I got a small plastic storage tote from home depot, as well as marine grade wire nuts, and in line fuse holder and fuse; rigged it all up for my kayak, though I'm going to want to re-do the battery box so it's more out of the way and secure.

Comment

I drilled top of kayak ran wires inside

Comment

Another option is stern mount

I wanted water temp and sidescan (unit I kept after selling my bassboat) so I got one of those RAM side mounts. The drag on one side of the kayak is terrible. I hated paddling with it.

So, I mounted a small screwball on the stern, cut the ram bar down with a hacksaw and no more drag. Water temp, side scan and you don't notice paddling. Plus the ram connection will give if you hit something, preventing damage to your transducer.

Screwballs have a through hole and with a long enough screw you can tighten it down into a well nut.

giant transducer.... so you can imagine how bad the drag was hanging off my side.

Last edited by sb220; 02-20-2016, 09:19 PM.

Comment

That's y I didn't buy it

Comment

My next thing is to screw it in to the hull

Comment

Ok I hooked it up I'm getting 3 black squares on right side is this normal on a Lowrance elite 4 x

Comment

Working...
                    X