No announcement yet.

closest albacoe blitz to annapolis MD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• closest albacoe blitz to annapolis MD?

I used to live in NC and we had an amazing run of false albacore in NOV and again in FEB just off the beach at cape lookout. I have been thinking about taking my yak down for a weekend but I wonder if there is someplace closer to MD. does anyone know the closest place to MD I can hook fat alberts from a yak? and to make it even more difficult I only use a fly rod, any suggestions?

I would love to know the answer to that myself. I caught my first Allbie last summer in NY and have been fantasizing about another one ever since!
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

I'd say NC or NJ are your closest bets. You don't hear or see many being caught or reported off the DE or MD beaches with any kind of consistency.
      Brian

Comment

There's been a decent to good bite in northern NJ and some parts of the LI sound the past couple years but its very hit or miss and a very short window. Cape Cod has a good bite almost every year but that's a hike from MD. If you need people for a NC albie road trip count me in!
        Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Bob thanks for saving me the time scouting OC and Romo for the NJ & LI sound information. So I guess I won't be finding the alberts moving past on the annual migration or at least in the numbers I'm thinking of. I can see the interest in a road trip if required and I fished the area in NC for about 10 years mostly off shore fly fishing and sport fishing.

I can say that in November at Harkers island and the surrounding beaches there is more fish than water, alberts busting top water every day. Literally one of the top 5 places to fly fish on the east coast in salt water. I'll recheck some of my old fishing logs and make a few calls to some locals to nail down if the spring blitz is on and when. I usually did this on my 21 foot cc but I know of Fort Macon, Beaufort inlet and the Harkers Island ferry all as possibilities. Let me see what I can come up with for logistics since this would be about an 8 hour road trip.

Comment

Working...
          X