No announcement yet.

No Feb M&G, so now where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We will target Perch. The area is shallow. I have ridden past this area many times in a boat but have never really fished it so it will be new for me. Sparky said he has done well in an area to the right of the launch but that area is iced over.

Comment

I'll join you at Mariner also

Mariner is 5 minutes from my house. I'll join you also. I was on the minnow list too, so I don't have any live bait. But, I'll just use what I have. Unless someone has extra to share. I'll cover the cost of course.
      Mike
      2012 Hobie Outback - Olive
      2012 Hobie Revo 13 - Sand

Comment

Mariner is mostly clear of topwater ice.

I'm at Mariner now. and it is not frozen, much. Small patches of ice are floating out of the creek. But, it looks manageable to get out toward the train bridge and beyond. Going back into the creeks may be a different story.
        Attached Files
        Mike
        2012 Hobie Outback - Olive
        2012 Hobie Revo 13 - Sand

Comment

I actually made a quick trip to the Susky after calling the hotline and finding out the spill gates were not running as of 8:30AM. It was pretty bad, stained water and debris. Usually you can mark schools of perch everywhere once you find what depth they are in on the given day. Hardly marked anything, finally one perch saved me from the skunk tight to a pier piling in shallow water. What a difference from last week. Spoke to a few boaters and their heads were low with a defeated expression.
          2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
          2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
          2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

I made it to Mariner's point with Mikemike and Mike O. The immediate area around the launch was ice free but thin sheet ice covered much of the river. We broke through it and got some fishing in. After 4 hours I came away with two keepers and two throwbacks. I think Mikemike had 1 and I'm not sure how Mike O ended up doing. The wind was calm at the beginning but then picked up enough of a breeze to make it uncomfortable out there.

All in all, a good chance to get on the water and meet a couple of folks.

Comment

I fished With Mikemike and azmdted near the launch at Mariners point and wasn't having any luck so I paddled out to the railroad bridge. It was pretty windy out there so I let the wind blow me back in and called it a day. It was still good to get out and fish with them.

Comment

Working...
              X