No Feb M&G, so now where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Feb M&G, so now where?

The excitement level was up for finally getting a Feb Yellow Perch M&G. But the run-off cancelled that. My the mind is still thinking I've got to get out somewhere and I promised the wife some Yellow Perch slabs for fish tacos. Does anyone else have suggestions where I might find some perch schooled up waiting for the spawning run, somewhere between Annapolis and the Susquehanna?

If nothing else I suppose I could hit Jonas Green and try to find some deep holes in the lower Severn, but DNR research reports of the Severn show that it's not a healthy Yellow Perch area anymore.

I haven't tried the Magothy to know if Perch are schooled up there, or Ft Armistead.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I'm trying to find out if Mariner point is iced over. I went a few weeks ago and limited, ice was scattered at the time
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Will drive by Mariner's point and check it out

Comment

Mariner Point sounds like a good idea, got to do something with these minnows I got yesterday.
        Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
        Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

There have been no perch in the holes on the Magothy that I have seen
          Bruce

Hobie PA 14
          Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Mariners Point is muddy but open. I am thinking of giving it a try

Comment

Originally posted by mike o View Post
              Mariners Point is muddy but open. I am thinking of giving it a try
              Mike,
              Thanks for the report. Is the water muddy or the launch? I will probably give it a try in the morning, maybe getting there about 8 to 8:30. I haven't been there before so I expect I'll do a bunch of peddling to try to find the right spots.

I hope to see you and maybe others out there,

Ted

Comment

Not sure where you looked, but the ramp is open. I don't see any problem heading out to the bay.

To the right, there are three canals that will take you to the houses and such.

The far right canal, that goes to the small bridge has some ice, but also has open water. In that one, it seems the water around the docks was mostly ice free.

The middle and left canals looked to be iced over still. This can easily be seen from the boat ramp.

Comment

Location and Park Name, so if I drive up in the morning? Thanks

Yak67
                  2015 Hobie PA-14
                  2016 Hobie Outback LE

Comment

The park is Mariner Point Park, 100 Kearney Dr.,Joppa 21085. You turn on Joppa Farm Rd. and go down and make a right by the farm store and go straight. It was the water that I was referring to as muddy. Jeremy informed me the area that he fishes is to the right of the launch and that area is mostly iced in. The area to the left is fine but I'm not sure if it is holding any fish. Right now I'm not sure what I'm doing

Comment

Sounds good to me. What time does the park open?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

From what I read they open from sunrise to sunset. I am leaning toward going but probably won't be there till 7:30 or so

Comment

Ok, I would like to go tomorrow if you wouldn't mind the company. I was on the minnow pickup list so I don't know I will use but I wanna get out of the house and get the yak in the water.

Comment

Havent fished there. Are you guys targeting yellow perch? Are there deep holes to fish? The charts show the area as fairly shallow. Thanks.

Comment

I have no idea. I have never fished it either.

Comment

Working...
                              X