Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big things happening at Survival Products!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big things happening at Survival Products!

Since the groundhog didn't see his shadow, spring will be here before we know it. As you guys start to emerge from your winter hibernation, I wanted to pass along some of the big things happening at Survival Products in Salisbury, MD.

Over the past few weeks, the guys at Survival Products have moved their pellet stoves and other items to a new location in order to focus more on kayak fishing and make space for a kayak showroom complete with just about everything YakAttack you can imagine. In addition to a YakAttack treasure chest, they also have a full line of Hobie, Scotty, Harmony, and Ram accessories. They will have fully rigged kayaks on display in addition to offering rigging services. Below are a couple of pictures of all the goodies.

As the season progresses, Adam Corry (Wilderness Fishing Pro) and myself (Hobie Fishing Team) will be providing several kayak fishing informal seminar/discussions. Some of these he will plan and some I will plan, but we'll both be contributing to each. We hope to promote the sport in addition to providing attendees with real time information about upcoming species to be caught and techniques/general locations to do so. It'll be a laid back collaborative seminar that we hope some of you can attend. Here is a rough schedule of what we are planning for each month. As they get closer, well publish dates and times. We usually have them from 6-8 PM.

March 2016: Kayak Rigging with a live demo. We will also cover kayak camping (especially on the eastern shore) and getting your family involved in the sport.

April 2016: Spring Trophy Rock and Spring/Summer Bull Red Drum. We'll cover tactics, and bait/lures patterns. We'll also cover shallow water trolling from your kayak.

May 2016: Flounder tactics, presentations and patterns. Live demo rigging session (possibly outdoors). Tidal and Non-tidal largemouth tactics.

June 2016: Cobia tactics, bait, and general locations. Live and cut bait preparation and storage in your kayak. Bottom rigging for meat...The overlooked kayak angling options of the Shore.

July 2016: Late summer/fall shallow water fishery for rock, trout, reds. Concentration on online tournaments that are upcoming in our area.

We are aware that many of the Snaggedline members live in the Baltimore/DC area, but we hope that if you find yourself driving to Ocean City or fishing in the Crisfield/Eastern Shore of VA area that you stop by and pay a visit to Rick, Joe, and Bryan. If you are interested in any of the topics I encourage you to make the trip down.

This month we'll be at the OC boat show from February 12th-14th. Survival Products will be raffling off a Tarpon 100 with the proceeds benefiting Hero's on the Water. In addition to that we'll also have several Hobie and Wilderness Systems kayaks on display.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

That is an awesome assortment of goodies!
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

It really is. The picture doesn't do it justice because of how tightly they have items packed on the wall. They have just about anything you could need to rig your yak.

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
      2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Doug, I hope we can meet up this summer at some point and do some fishing, and also dind time time to visit with Rick and Suzi, two great people, as well.

Comment

I will be stooping in too look things over when I am down to my trailer in Madison Bay next . I do a lot of kayak fishing in the creaks and marsh . I would much rather see what I am buying instead of sending off for it , and have some rigging I plan on doing .

Comment

Originally posted by Fishinfool View Post
            Doug, I hope we can meet up this summer at some point and do some fishing, and also dind time time to visit with Rick and Suzi, two great people, as well.
            That would be great. I'm free most evenings for a short bayside trip and can usually get away with one trip on the weekend. Let me know when you are heading down!

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
            2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by RIng View Post
              I will be stooping in too look things over when I am down to my trailer in Madison Bay next . I do a lot of kayak fishing in the creaks and marsh . I would much rather see what I am buying instead of sending off for it , and have some rigging I plan on doing .
              I totally agree with you. I would rather spend the extra $2 and shop local, see and touch what I am buying, and have it immediately then purchase online and risk having to go through the hassle of a return because I make the wrong purchase.

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
              2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

I spend a lot of time around Taylors Island and the east side of Blackwater . One of the things I love about the area is that there is a endless amount of water to explorer . I hope too expand into the north of Blackwater and south of you this coming year . I just got back to NY after 6 weeks at Madison Bay . I am taking care of some medical esues and will be back down as soon as I can . It would be great to get together with you during the week as I am going by myself then . Thanks Rick

Comment

Working...
                X