Stayin' Warm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stayin' Warm

I have been been on the water for over almost 2 weeks and I am feeling it. I am just waiting for the local access points to open up somewhat.....

While I have been sitting on my couch instead of my boat, I found this good article from Jeff Little about staying warm while kayaking in the winter. Thought I would share it

http://www.kayakfishmag.com/tips/tip...kayak-fishing/
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Thanks. I have been struggling with this. Especially my feet. Its hard to find water type boots other than sneakers in a size 13 1/2 or 14. I normally wear 11.5-12. But once I layer up and use my dry suit my shoes are tight. I may have to go the sneaker rout for now. I need to try the fingerless style. I just bought glacier bays but the full neoprene. I used them this past snow storm while snow blowing and my hands were dry and warm all day, but not sure how fishing will be. Obviously have to take them off to tie knots. I do have heat packs. Now own many fleece/wool base layers and wool insulted socks; boy is that warm while shoveling. I hope it warms me while fishing.
    John
    Hobie Adventure Island 16'

Slayer Propel 10

Pelican Trailblazer ( don't hate , pond use only)

Comment

Working...
    X