Trying some new things out here today, 1/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying some new things out here today, 1/20

So I haven't posted much in about a week or so. Mainly because my school vacation is over. But this morning i woke up to about a thousand gulls playing out here. Lucky me, well I could not get out there yet since i had to drop off my 5 year old at school. Once I got back, they were still at it. So I took a quick look at the winds forecast and all is good. I had been wanting to try out some lures and heads I purchased at the expo in Frederick. It was totally worth going out there. everything was from 18 to right at 20 inches. I knew it was time to come back in when I noticed my line was accumulating ice and at some point i had an icicle on my rod tip. Report says this weekend will be great.... hmmm... I wonder if it is accounting for the foot of snow we are expecting.

20160120_092809.jpg20160120_092811.jpg20160120_100626.jpg20160120_101157.jpg
    Native Watercraft Pro Staff
    2016 Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick

2016 CCA MD "BLUE CAT" Tournament 2nd place
    33rd MSSA "THE CHAMPIONSHIP" Tournament 1st place
    2016 Curley's White Perch Tournament 1st place

Nice to have that real time fish report out the door. Glad to see them hanging around.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Glad the winds cooperated and you were able to get out. I haven't had ice buildup on my line since I was Steelheading in NY
      Bruce

Hobie PA 14
      Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Like I said last week, it really sux being you! I'm not jealous (much)

Comment

Nice report! Way too cold for me to get out there. I thought you had trouble loading photos to the website?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt C-Hawk View Post
            Like I said last week, it really sux being you! I'm not jealous (much)
            haha, told you to come out.

@ DanMarino, its just other steps i have to add to get them on here. I do it for the people who cant go fishing at the time.
            Native Watercraft Pro Staff
            2016 Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick

2016 CCA MD "BLUE CAT" Tournament 2nd place
            33rd MSSA "THE CHAMPIONSHIP" Tournament 1st place
            2016 Curley's White Perch Tournament 1st place

Comment

Originally posted by D3NAL1 View Post
              @ DanMarino, its just other steps i have to add to get them on here. I do it for the people who cant go fishing at the time.
              Yup, I saw the blow up over nothing last week. I'm ready for spring and some fishing reports of my own!

Comment

You are braver then me, or at-least have better circulation. My rule is that if my hands feel painfully cold just exposed to the air, I am not going to do anything that will get them wet.

I do suspect that if I didn't have to haul a wet yak onto my roof at the end of every trip I would be more likely to go out in colder weather.
                Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
                Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Working...
                X