Jonas Green Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonas Green Today

Now that I have your attention with the above title and you think a fishing report is coming...Sorry to tease you.

I was in the area today so I stopped by Jonas to see how hard the wind was whipping the river. It was doing an excellent job. Recently a poster here asked about Jonas conditions in a strong wind.

This photo shows what a double digit sustained NW wind can do:

AZ.jpg

Definitely a day to stay ashore.

As opposed to this:

A1.jpg

Is it too soon to say "hurry up spring"?
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Did I tell you how much I hate winter. Not that I don't like the change of seasons, I just hate cold, wind chills, sub zero temps and so on and so on. Come on Spring.
    Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
    Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

You got me Mark LOL
      I was like NO -WAY anyone went out today. Great pics from shore

Yak67
      2015 Hobie PA-14
      2016 Hobie Outback LE

Comment

Pretty sneaky Mark.

Nice pics!
        Bruce

Hobie PA 14
        Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

I should take my camera to work our dock looked like a ice castle with the spray off the whitecaps. I work on the Patapsco river just inside the Key bridge.
          Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
          Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

With the first picture in mind, why would someone go duck hunting on the Severn?
            John Rentch
            Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
            Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Hah, I read the title and was like "damm, I didn't want to get into the shower this morning it was so cold".

That being said I love to watch the water during storms, I like to risk the short drive to South River Farms to hike out to the point during storms to watch the water.
              Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
              Lime Slayer 10

Comment

I drove over the Severn River bridge about 1pm and noticed the rows of waves moving across the river. They were rolling. Just glad I was on the bridge and not on the water.
                John Rentch
                Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
                Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

As I spent about 20-30 minutes crossing the Key bridge yesterday I had a good opportunity to watch the water below. After a few minutes I turned to my wife and all I could say was " well I don't think we'll see any kayaks todays. Her response, " yea even you're not that stupid.

Comment

you werent to far from where those duck hunters went missing yesterday... their jon boat sank and still have yet to be found
                    Zach Moore
                    Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
                    Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
                    Bait Towel Pro Staff
                    2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
                    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Had a little incident there I think last year, the wind just laid down and wouldn't stop coming up river and an easy fifteen minute paddle up to that bridge in the distance was a whole another story coming back. Looked very similar. Went from your calm example to your rough one in about two minutes and just stayed that way. Really made me reconsider going out alone and weather reports especially when a change in the wind is called for. The change came about two to three hours earlier then predicted that day.

Comment

Man...That's cold.
                        John D.
                        2015 Hobie Revolution 13
                        GO RAVENS!!!
                        GO ORIOLES!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X