Deal at Bass Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deal at Bass Pro

........ Went to the M and G yesterday ........ On the way out I saw a bin that had the Sabile Sinking Magic Swimmer 7 3/4" 3 oz for $7.99 .......... These are usually $25 folks ........ Bought 5. Just sayin ......

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
    ........ Went to the M and G yesterday ........ On the way out I saw a bin that had the Sabile Sinking Magic Swimmer 7 3/4" 3 oz for $7.99 .......... These are usually $25 folks ........ Bought 5. Just sayin ......
    I was at the M&G also. I purchased a couple of the swimmers a while back based on a guy who had 10 of them and was raving about them. Can't wait to try them out, have you used them before, are they that productive?
    New to the game but not a rookie!

Comment

I've used the smaller ones and caught bass .......... These big ones should be good for stripers .......

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
        I've used the smaller ones and caught bass .......... These big ones should be good for stripers .......
        That's what the guy was saying, I'll give them a try. Thank's for the response.

Comment

They had the same deal in November, must not be selling. I got one, can't wait for the right opportunity to use it

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I crushed big striped bass in Cape Cod Canal casting the larger model. I've had some success with these plugs in the bay, more so when bigger baits are present.
            2014 Hobie Pro Angler
            2018 Viking Profish 400 Lite

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
              They had the same deal in November, must not be selling. I got one, can't wait for the right opportunity to use it

Shady,
              do you think they will work better in the spring or fall?

Comment

They're chasing big bait either time

Ryan
                Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I just picked a bunch up at Bass Pro also. Justa heads up, the larger sized ones come with three sets of hooks which I think are not legal to use in bay and its tributaries. I need to confirm that.
                  Live for today, and fish often...
                  2014 Pro Angler 14
                  St. Jerome Creek, Dameron

Comment

Yes they are ......... When they say no more than 2 hooks they are talking about more than 2 lures not the number of hooks on 1 lure

Comment

Just so you guys know Sebile revamped these baits and they are dumping gen 1 to make way for the new and improved versions. The first gen are great but you should definitely upgrade the hooks as the stock hooks are weak and rust easily.

Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                      Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                      https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Per the Tidal Reg 'May not use more than two hook units per line'. I have asked DNR about this reg in the past, I was informed that this translates to no more than two hooked baits per line with two sets of hooks each (trebles count as on set), or one hooked bait with no more than two sets of hooks. I would love to get an updated interpretation of this.
                        Live for today, and fish often...
                        2014 Pro Angler 14
                        St. Jerome Creek, Dameron

Comment

......... I went to court many decades ago on basically the same thing and won .......... Many lures have 3 sets of hooks ......

Comment

Working...
                          X