YakAttack Blakpak Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YakAttack Blakpak Review

Ive had a blackpak for about 3 seasons now.

I will say its handsdown the best accessory on my boat. Maybe the most important as well

Check out my review !

Please check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB-KXaWaxUI
    Zach Moore
    Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
    Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
    Bait Towel Pro Staff
    2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

I agree that it is one of the best purchases I've made. It's not perfect, but it is close. A lot of people say it's overpriced, but for the quality and overall thoughtfulness of the design, they deserve what they're asking. The only upgrade I did was add some padding material in the bottom and lid. I spent $2 at Michaels and bought some EVA foam sheets, glued it everywhere. Now it's perfect!
    2015 Hobie Outback
    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

I won a free package of con seal and that's all over mine as well . I agree it's great . Def dampens sounds
      Zach Moore
      Bait Towel Pro Staff
      2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

This will be my third season with my Blackpac. A few upgrades I made to make the pac better was to enlarge drainage holes at the bottom and upgrade the bungies to a heavier grade.
        Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
        Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
          This will be my third season with my Blackpac. A few upgrades I made to make the pac better was to enlarge drainage holes at the bottom and upgrade the bungies to a heavier grade.
          It gets a tad heavy with all my gear in it, i have though about drilling some larger holes in it, but not going all the way thro, but taking out some plastic. But i did not want to damage the strength of the crate.

But easily holds all my gear, coupled with the pro anglers internal rod storage. I launch and load in under 2 minutes. its amazing.
          Zach Moore
          Bait Towel Pro Staff
          2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

I just got one for Christmas ... it is the special edition. Tan and black and came with a yakattack hat.

Was expensive, lucky that I got it as a gift :-)

I also like that my visi pole is elevated an additional foot higher for better visibility.

But it is HEAVY ... looking forward to trying it in the Spring.

David

Comment

I really like mine.

I don't mind its heft either. I figure that adds to its durability.

I use it more to carry ancillary gear, food, water and for rod storage than to carry tackle.

Here's a view of mine on a typical trip:

A.JPG

I rarely carry more than two Plano Boxes for lures or flies.

The white box contains tools, Mirage Drive spare parts, lubricant, rope, a towel, etc. When bad weather threatens, I also throw a rain jacket in the BlackPak.

To hold the Plano boxes upright I put them in a plastic shoe box -- a Dollar Store find.

You can see the Scotty Base Mount on the side. I have two on it. They give me various configurations from trolling to carrying fly rods.

My only suggestion to the makers of the BlackPak would be to provide adjustable dividers inside the box (like we have in Plano tackle boxes) for better separation of the things we carry.

But otherwise, I am very pleased with it.

My overall likes: Sturdy, installs in seconds in my Revo, good capacity without being overwhelmingly large and easy to access when in use.
              Mark
              Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
              Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
              Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

After watching this review and a couple similar to it, I finally decided to splurge and get myself a blackpak. I had a milk crate and some spare rod holders in the garage and made myself a basic crate for free. I felt the blackpak was overpriced since it's basically a fancy crate, but I knew I'd be happy with it if I made the decision to purchase one. I was impressed by how much stuff you can fit inside, and easily mounting accessories or extra rod holders is a plus too. It also has a lid and notches for the bungee cord in my tank well to secure it in place. I put it together last night (which was pretty simple) and it seems very rigid and high quality. I know it's money well spent and based off first impressions I'd say it was worth the money, especially compared to other high end crate/coolers. I'm hoping to try it out on the water for the first time at the Feburary meet and greet.
                Jayce
                2017 Ivory Hobie Pro Angler 12 "The Big Easy"
                2015 Flint Camo Wilderness Systems Ride 115X Max Angler

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                  I really like mine.

I don't mind its heft either. I figure that adds to its durability.

I use it more to carry ancillary gear, food, water and for rod storage than to carry tackle.

Here's a view of mine on a typical trip:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18072[/ATTACH]

I rarely carry more than two Plano Boxes for lures or flies.

The white box contains tools, Mirage Drive spare parts, lubricant, rope, a towel, etc. When bad weather threatens, I also throw a rain jacket in the BlackPak.

To hold the Plano boxes upright I put them in a plastic shoe box -- a Dollar Store find.

You can see the Scotty Base Mount on the side. I have two on it. They give me various configurations from trolling to carrying fly rods.

My only suggestion to the makers of the BlackPak would be to provide adjustable dividers inside the box (like we have in Plano tackle boxes) for better separation of the things we carry.

But otherwise, I am very pleased with it.

My overall likes: Sturdy, installs in seconds in my Revo, good capacity without being overwhelmingly large and easy to access when in use.
                  That looks really organized. I carry all my gear to mount on or in the yak and when mounted add tackle boxes for the day. It works between one yak to the other as well.
                  Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                  Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Working...
                  X