Elite 5HDI installed 2014 outback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elite 5HDI installed 2014 outback

So my mighty mount arrived today and after finishing off my 16hrs at work I eagerly headed home and completed the mounting of my new Elite 5HDI. I had already installed and ran the transducer and battery lines so all I had to do was drill the plate out and mount. mightyelite5.jpg
    2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
    LOWRANCE Hook7

Sounds like she is just about ready to hit the water! Where will your first launch be?
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

My maiden voyage was at Mt Storm lake WV caught 1 bluegill and missed a few channel catfish. Its a warm water lake used to keep a coal power plant from overheating the water(1200acres worth) is circulated through the plant every 2 days and never gets below 50degrees. Im not sure when I will be willing to go out again as I don't have the proper PPE for the water temps of other lakes. I did order a 3/2mm wetsuit but I know its not enough so im debating sending it back and just waiting until I can get a drysuit.
      LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Originally posted by suicyderider View Post
        My maiden voyage was at Mt Storm lake WV caught 1 bluegill and missed a few channel catfish. Its a warm water lake used to keep a coal power plant from overheating the water(1200acres worth) is circulated through the plant every 2 days and never gets below 50degrees. Im not sure when I will be willing to go out again as I don't have the proper PPE for the water temps of other lakes. I did order a 3/2mm wetsuit but I know its not enough so im debating sending it back and just waiting until I can get a drysuit.
        I would vote for the dry (or semi-dry) suit. It gives you a lot better range of temps and gives the protection needed
        Bruce

Hobie PA 14
        Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Very nice. Looks like a clean install. I would hold on to the wetsuit, it pays to have various items to choose from. It will be nice in the summer days

Comment

nice install

but NICE grill to haha. Those things are great, my parents have one
            Im ready for summer time now thinking about grilling..
            Zach Moore
            Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
            Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
            Bait Towel Pro Staff
            2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
            YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Haha thanks for the comments, cant wait for summer myself.. hopefully the yak can contribute some filets to the grill!
              LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Working...
              X