Bust'em baits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bust'em baits

Anyone ever use Bust'em baits jerk baits trolling for Stripers? I have had success with Reel Fast Tackle flincn' minnows in 5" & 7" but they are a bit harder to come by and also more expensive. Bust'em also has paddletails but I've never tried them either.

image.jpg
    Originally posted by Elsea View Post
    Anyone ever use Bust'em baits jerk baits trolling for Stripers? I have had success with Reel Fast Tackle flincn' minnows in 5" & 7" but they are a bit harder to come by and also more expensive. Bust'em also has paddletails but I've never tried them either.
    Caught this guy and a bunch more jigging bust ems down at plo. The 10" bust ems do "swim
    M" I would recommend jigging them primarily. I also recommend the g-eye jig head to use with it!

*yes I'm on a boat... I'm a fair weather kayaker
    Cuda 14
    Big tuna

Comment

Nice fish! I've always wondered why plastics like BKD's and Bust ems are better for jigging than trolling. I'll think I'll give them a try trolling this year and I'll let y'all know if they work.

Comment

Originally posted by Elsea View Post
        Nice fish! I've always wondered why plastics like BKD's and Bust ems are better for jigging than trolling. I'll think I'll give them a try trolling this year and I'll let y'all know if they work.
        Most people use paddle tails or grub tails for trolling to get the swimming look. When jigging the bust ems tails move with a falling bait action.
        Cuda 14
        Big tuna

Comment

There was a report earlier about trolling BKDs. They said that they were working while trolled directly (4' - 6') behind the yak. I've been meaning to try it but haven't yet.

Comment

I've caught a lot of fish trolling the bust em baits shads in the summertime around Thomas point. It perfect because you can troll them and then if you really get on a bunch of fish you can jog on the same set up with out swapping anything out.

Comment

Working...
            X