Rocket launcher made, Next up bait tank!! Show me yours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocket launcher made, Next up bait tank!! Show me yours

project bait.jpgSo I made the rocket launcher trolling rig for my kayak now I am wrkn on a bait tank for when I put the Sabiki rig to work on some big bait.... I already have a small 1.5gallon tank with an aerator but it wont work on larger baits. this one will run a bilge pump and cycle new water.....
    Attached Files
    2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
    LOWRANCE Hook7

That rig should work well. I use the same kind of container for household storage. I would recommend putting some kind of a teather on the lid. They don't always thread easily and could be even more troublesome while seated in a kayak.
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Originally posted by EMSer View Post
      That rig should work well. I use the same kind of container for household storage. I would recommend putting some kind of a teather on the lid. They don't always thread easily and could be even more troublesome while seated in a kayak.
      great idea I hadn't really thought much about it yet but I will definitely do that as that lid can get away from ya quick on land let alone water.... heres the launcher I couldn't upload it earlier even though you seen one you seen them all lol ... I did pick up some paint its a textured type that should closely match the yak color but I was waitin on the epoxy I used to cure... I cant use the pvc pipe cement bc it sets so dang fast I cant get things lined up in time.. rocket.jpgrocket1.jpg
      LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Originally posted by suicyderider View Post
        ... now I am wrkn on a bait tank for when I put the Sabiki rig to work on some big bait....
        Make sure it is legal where you intend to put it to use...as in, not MD.
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

Is it the sabiki itself that's not legal? Is it just because of the number of hooks on it? Or because of the species you'd be targeting with it...

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
          Make sure it is legal where you intend to put it to use...as in, not MD.
          Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Romo View Post
            Is it the sabiki itself that's not legal? Is it just because of the number of hooks on it? Or because of the species you'd be targeting with it...
            Number of hooks is limited per line; sabiki is specifically named.
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\

http://www.eregulations.com/wp-conte.../16MDFW_LR.pdf

Page 16
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

Sabikis can be used as long as all but two hooks are removed. At that point, it may not be worth the trouble.
                John Veil
                Annapolis
                Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Thanks for the info. I was catching atlantic herring on sabikis off the coast of New Jersey last week. Made me long for the days of pre-2011 Maryland bluebacks
                  Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...ight=diy+hobie

here is the one I made. I've made a few changes since this post, but you get the idea.
                    2015 Hobie Outback
                    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Originally posted by silasvirus82 View Post
                      http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...ight=diy+hobie

here is the one I made. I've made a few changes since this post, but you get the idea.
                      Oh yes i saw this one but you spent more on the 8" hatch than i want to overall lol
                      LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Thank you! But what specifies a "set" of hooks vs 2 hooks
                        LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
                          Sabikis can be used as long as all but two hooks are removed. At that point, it may not be worth the trouble.
                          The way i read that sabikis may not be used with 3 miles od MD coast... umbrella rigs can be used if not having more than 2 hooks or sets of hooks...
                          LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Oh yes i saw this one but you spent more on the 8" hatch than i want to overall lol
                            My original one on my other kayak is a half size 5 gallon bucket with a fishing specific flip up lid and a cheap battery powered aerator. It works just fine, just have to manually replace the water on hot days to keep the bait cool.
                            2015 Hobie Outback
                            2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Thank you! But what specifies a "set" of hooks vs 2 hooks
                              I assume this is to allow a crank with a third treble hook, but I have never found the specific definition, which is odd given how clearly they define "artificial fly" and "artificial lure" in the same guide.
                              Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
                              Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Working...
                              X