Rocket launcher made, Next up bait tank!! Show me yours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suicyderider View Post
    The way i read that sabikis may not be used with 3 miles od MD coast... umbrella rigs can be used if not having more than 2 hooks or sets of hooks...
    I think John is saying you can use them, if you remove all but two hooks. My interpretation of that, would be to cut the sabiki rig, so there are only two hooks, or cut the hooks off off all but two of the "bait". If you cut the hooks at the bottom of the shank, right where the bend starts on all but two of the hooks, then those "flies"/"lures" become only teasers. Same way we use umbrella and Alabama rigs buy only putting two hooks, but filling all of the other positions with just tails. Which, I never thought of for a sabiki rig, thanks for the enlightenment Mr. Veil.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by bunnielab View Post
      I assume this is to allow a crank with a third treble hook, but I have never found the specific definition, which is odd given how clearly they define "artificial fly" and "artificial lure" in the same guide.
      Hardbait lures that were manufactured with three treble hooks attached to the plug are considered "one set of hooks".

Originally posted by Maryland Fishing Reg Book 2016, page 38
      It is Illegal:To use more than 2 hooks or 2 sets of hooks for each rod or line. Artificial lures or plugs with multiple hooks are considered 1 set of hooks.
      http://www.eregulations.com/wp-conte.../16MDFW_LR.pdf
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
        I think John is saying you can use them, if you remove all but two hooks. My interpretation of that, would be to cut the sabiki rig, so there are only two hooks, or cut the hooks off off all but two of the "bait". If you cut the hooks at the bottom of the shank, right where the bend starts on all but two of the hooks, then those "flies"/"lures" become only teasers. Same way we use umbrella and Alabama rigs buy only putting two hooks, but filling all of the other positions with just tails. Which, I never thought of for a sabiki rig, thanks for the enlightenment Mr. Veil.
        Yea I would do that however it would suffice for regulations just to say no more than two hooks. rather than specifically say "it is illegal to use sabiki rigs in Maryland". The way I see it a sabiki is still a sabiki if you cut hooks off and im not willing to risk my fishing privileges over something so easily avoidable. I appreciate the heads up in advance. I read the regulations specific to any area I am intending to fish prior to going however, as I do not know when ill be that way I have not fully read them yet.
        2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
        LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Originally posted by silasvirus82 View Post
          My original one on my other kayak is a half size 5 gallon bucket with a fishing specific flip up lid and a cheap battery powered aerator. It works just fine, just have to manually replace the water on hot days to keep the bait cool.
          Yes I have a small 1.5gallon rectangular cooler from walmart with a baby bubbler installed for small baits like gudgeons,creek chubs, probably fiddlers, and leeches would work great. I drilled and sealed tiny hole on the side just below the lid closure and ran the airline through the side so the cooler can still fully close and do its job. the bubbler is held on the side by a 2x2 piece of adhesive Velcro also its a perfect little sub $20 setup (baby bubbler can oxygenate 3gallons for 24hours on 1 or 2 AA batteries...

http://ll-us-i5.wal.co/dfw/dce07b8c-...im-450x450.jpg

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/st...%5E70247940318
          2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
          LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Working...
          X