who can repair rods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who can repair rods?

i have a rod that a guide broke off, i would like it replaced but have no clue to who can do it. i would like to have the bottom two replaced with the fuji guides.
    Native Watercraft Pro Staff
    2016 Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick

2016 CCA MD "BLUE CAT" Tournament 2nd place
    33rd MSSA "THE CHAMPIONSHIP" Tournament 1st place
    2016 Curley's White Perch Tournament 1st place

I could do it for you but you are at least 3 hours from me. I am sure you can find someone local to help you.
    If you fish a lot you need to learn how do it yourself.
    You will need a drying motor or something to turn the rod slowly for about 8 hours, Guides, wrapping thread, epoxy.
    then you can repair your own rods. You can get everything you need form http://www.mudhole.com/ Watch the how to videos on that site.
    Rod dryer = $40.00 will be the biggest expense

Comment

Steve Fogel of Backyard Custom Rods can do it. He'll be at the Frederick Saltwater Expo in 2 weeks. You can look him up on FB here: https://www.facebook.com/BackyardCustomRods/

He built me a very nice custom rod.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Kokatat Pro Staff
      Torqeedo Pro Staff
      Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
      Alan

Comment

Shore sportsman on Kent island can do the repair

Comment

In addition to the names you got already, most tackle shops can arrange for repairs. Depending on where you live or visit frequently, there are many qualified rod builders or repair guys around the region. I found a guy in Crofton who repaired several guides on a St Croix rod for me quickly and at a fair price. If you want his name, send me a pmail.
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
            Steve Fogel of Backyard Custom Rods can do it. He'll be at the Frederick Saltwater Expo in 2 weeks. You can look him up on FB here: https://www.facebook.com/BackyardCustomRods/

He built me a very nice custom rod.
            I have bought many rods from Steve and overall I guess I'm satisfied. Just be sure to be very specific about what you want or you might get a surprise. For repairs I know he'll come through fine.
            2015 Hobie Outback
            2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

.......... I think you have a large tackle shop by you in Lexington park that should be able to do it

Comment

Working...
              X