Fishing thru the Winter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing thru the Winter!

So what's everybody's plan for fishing thru the next 3 or so months?

For me personally, I'll probably only make it out a handful of times. I'd like to put some time in jigging for stripers in the upper bay(hopefully we get a few good weather days). Maybe a few trips perch fishing- jigging deeper waters on the susky and casting/trolling ultra light tackle in the creeks and around marina's.

Species?
    Locations?(general)
    Baits?

Ed

If it stays warm, I'll keep fishing. Probably stay close, the Patapsco produced into winter last year, hopefully it continues.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Thinking about giving the patapsco a try until the susky water gets colder.
      Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
      Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

I will be fishing through the winter chasing pickerel primarily with quick jaunts after stripers when schedule and conditions align.
        Bruce

Hobie PA 14
        Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Probably do the same if weather holds out. Troll/jig for Rock in the Patapsco maybe the flats as well. REALLY WANT to focus on one body of water. Definitely do some pickerel fishing in the Severn. I plan to fish all winter.
          John
          Hobie Adventure Island 16'

Slayer Propel 10

Pelican Trailblazer ( don't hate , pond use only)

Comment

Originally posted by tech11165 View Post
            Probably do the same if weather holds out. Troll/jig for Rock in the Patapsco maybe the flats as well. REALLY WANT to focus on one body of water. Definitely do some pickerel fishing in the Severn. I plan to fish all winter.
            That's what I've been doing for the last 17 or so months. Focusing on the Chesapeake Bay. I get distracted occasionally and end up in Delaware...
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

Feb ill do big blue catfish in middle potomac near Marshall hall. March we'll look at stocking reports and catch a trout or 2. Jan I'll hunt deer,geese,ducks.....like to take a pickerel run to Annapolis that month too. April....back for Blue cats but at mouth of the Wicomico in St Mary's co

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk
              14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
              2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Working...
              X