Just Add Water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Add Water

Finally Picked up the new Outback LE at BYB Thursday. It's one sweet rig with a bunch of nice upgrades. Square hatch up front, with tackle management inside, Turbo Fins, Large Rudder in the rear and rubber decking thru-out. I like bright colors so the Orange is great to me. Added the Lowrance-5HDI, the new Hobie adjustable rod holders up front and anchor trolly. My H-crate fits nicely on the rear deck.I also got the Rhino Rack T-loader to assist with loading and unloading.

Jonas Green and Tucker street here I come

When I told the wifey I could not fish with my Buds from Naptown(OGWLF) because of the trailer ,she immediatley said to get a cartop Yak. After I got up off the ground from passing out, I got ready to race to BYB and put in my order. Before I went she said to get everything I need with it, so I don't go running back to BYB each week for more STUFF Again after I got off the ground, I raced to BYB and placed my order.
    Thanks to Dan at BYB who rigged me up Thursday and was great to deal with at BYB. Hint-Hint, he has 1-Outback LE left and it will go as soon as someone walks in and sees it.
    Yak67
    2015 Hobie PA-14
    2016 Hobie OutbackDSCN0295.jpgDSCN0296.jpgDSCN0297.jpgDSCN0298.jpgDSCN0303.jpg LE (#217)

Congratulations on the new kayak. When most of us get a second "car-topper" kayak, it is generally not the deluxe model you got. I hope to get out on the Severn next week. We look forward to having you join us.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Nice ride!!
      Bruce

Hobie PA 14
      Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Looks great!! Now I just need time this week to rig mine up also. It's all waiting patiently in the garage for me to install. I got on a local lake yesterday and absolutely love it. Maybe I'll run into you sometime.
        2016 Hobie Outback Limited #220
        2016 Jackson Cuda 12
        2015 Emotion 11 Stealth Angler

Comment

Originally posted by Yak67 View Post
          Finally Picked up the new Outback LE at BYB Thursday. It's one sweet rig with a bunch of nice upgrades. Square hatch up front, with tackle management inside, Turbo Fins, Large Rudder in the rear and rubber decking thru-out. I like bright colors so the Orange is great to me. Added the Lowrance-5HDI, the new Hobie adjustable rod holders up front and anchor trolly. My H-crate fits nicely on the rear deck.I also got the Rhino Rack T-loader to assist with loading and unloading.

Jonas Green and Tucker street here I come

When I told the wifey I could not fish with my Buds from Naptown(OGWLF) because of the trailer ,she immediatley said to get a cartop Yak. After I got up off the ground from passing out, I got ready to race to BYB and put in my order. Before I went she said to get everything I need with it, so I don't go running back to BYB each week for more STUFF Again after I got off the ground, I raced to BYB and placed my order.
          Thanks to Dan at BYB who rigged me up Thursday and was great to deal with at BYB. Hint-Hint, he has 1-Outback LE left and it will go as soon as someone walks in and sees it.
          Yak67
          2015 Hobie PA-14
          2016 Hobie Outback[ATTACH=CONFIG]17912[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17913[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17914[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17915[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17916[/ATTACH] LE (#217)
          Welcome to the LE Team, your gonna love it. Hope to see you on the water.
          Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
          Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Y'all and yer phancy Ellie kayaks...making the rest of the Outback fleet look like commoners.
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

I figured I'd have to atleast look good to compensate for lack of fish catching. Lol
              2016 Hobie Outback Limited #220
              2016 Jackson Cuda 12
              2015 Emotion 11 Stealth Angler

Comment

If any of you need help rigging your perdy new kayaks, I'll happily warm up my drill and pop holes. :->
                Hobie fleet:
                2017 Quest 13
                2015 Outback
                2014 Outback

Comment

I am definitely look at Cowpokeys Rocket Launcher for the Outback. That thing is sweet, gives me more options and areas to fish. I don't have to worry about the NO trailer rules any longer

Yak67
                  2015 Hobie PA-14
                  20016 Hobie Outback LE (#217)

Comment

Gary,

Nice ride.

We look forward to your company more often.
                    Mark
                    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I am definitely look at Cowpokeys Rocket Launcher for the Outback. That thing is sweet, gives me more options and areas to fish. I don't have to worry about the NO trailer rules any longer

Yak67
                      2015 Hobie PA-14
                      Everything I've done rigging my Outbacks was done to keep the gunnels clean and flush. I don't know your particular method of "car topping", but with mine it also meant pulling the rubber covers off of the molded in rod holders, and filling the screw holes with a hot glue gun. The screws that hold the rubber covers stick up higher than anything else on a stock Outback, so if you need to slide it upside down (on the gunnels) over anything the screw heads can (WILL) scratch what ever you are sliding the kayak over.
                      Hobie fleet:
                      2017 Quest 13
                      2015 Outback
                      2014 Outback

Comment

Here's the picture for the rest of the group of "after" removing the rubber molded in covers and filling the screw hole with a hot glue gun. I've done this to all of the molded in rod holders on both Outbacks. The picture below was on the 2014 Outback, most difficult one with the "rudder up" cable running right by the hole that was plugged. The 2015 was easier, because the rudder lines are not in the same place and don't pass by the holes under the gunnel.

Yak67, if you want to talk about it, I included my phone number at the bottom of your PM that I replied to. If anyone else is looking for my opinion, shoot me a message and we can talk as well.

Last edited by Cowpokey; 12-25-2015, 09:30 PM. Reason: clarification
                        Hobie fleet:
                        2017 Quest 13
                        2015 Outback
                        2014 Outback

Comment

Yak67
                          2015 Hobie PA-14
                          I went with the CP RL and so far its plain and simple, ya cant beat it. I spent a lot of time with other options, CP got this one.
                          Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                          Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

How did you install the fish finder mount on the padded surface? Does having the pad make it harder to install tracks or ram mounts on it?
                            Last edited by CastAway; 12-27-2015, 09:32 AM.
                            Adam

2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #211 powered by Evolve Torqeedo

Comment

NICE! I'm in the market. This might be the one!
                              Adam

2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #211 powered by Evolve Torqeedo

Comment

Working...
                              X