Flats C&R Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flats C&R Fishing

Going out Sunday 12/27/15 in the AM to the barges, NW winds. Launching from Jean Roberts. Heard of some good striper catches in the rain in the past 3 days. Will attempt some YP fishing as well. Water is still warm.
    Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
    Torqeedo Ultralight 403

So tempting...when you say "good striper" are they big fish?
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

I was in HdG this morning, my local source said they were 28-36". There were 15 boats fishing the area yesterday with reports of alot of nice fish being caught. The water flow is low, Sunday NW winds. As long as the fog stays away it might be interesting. Of course my experience on the flats are hit and miss. The hits are normally big this time of year.
      Freddie T

Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Interesting...I've never fished the flats, so I would be a tag along at best.
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

I wonder what the flow will be like with all the rain we've had the last couple days, and with the "flooding" predicted to pour on the area through tomorrow?
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

Dam water flow is always a biggie. Watching the cell heading northeast has left the north west without rain. Heavy northwest riverflow from Pa is what to watch. Don't think that area got hit but will be checking the waterflow reports tomorrow. The spillgate hotline is 1-877-457-2525 in case you want to listen to the report. Turbidity will probably be high with runoff. But what the hell, a day on the water with water temps around 50 and air temps around 60 on 12/27/15, why not. At least the winds will be from the WNW.
            Freddie T

Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

I'm interested in coming. Will keep an eye on this post for updates!
              Daniel Kwon
              2019 Hobie Outback Slate Blue
              2002 Triumph 190 Bay Suzuki DF115

Comment

Ok, so no flood gates open, low generation from the dam. Not sure how dirty the water is from the rains last night since the weather Buoy is not transmitting. Boats fishing and catching on the 24th, no boats yesterday. Water temp 49, Low tide 5:30am, High tide 11:00am tomorrow. I'll be launching from Jean Roberts park around 6:30am. Not sure what the morning will bring, but I am still planning on giving it a shot. Still WNW winds around 10 mph.
                Freddie T

Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Was out for a little bit this AM out of Tydings park but only trolled the back channel due to the wind. Saw some marks but didn't get any bites. Watch for duck hunters out there, I saw at least 3 decoy spreads including 2 within a mile of the park and was hearing shots off in the distance.
                  Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

Thanks Mike, It is always interesting this time of year with the hunters. I try to stay close to land when it is really foggy or north of the RR tracks.
                    Freddie T

Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

I launched from Jean Roberts around 1300 and went around Garrett Island on the Perryville side. Headed toward the barges, but stayed away because the tugboats were active and I'm skittish around them. I was flipped by a tug's wake on the Patapsco two weeks ago and didn't feel like loosing gear and practicing self rescue two trips in a row. Continued trolling down towards Hutchins Park, then returned to the launch around 1530. The only action I had was when I got snagged on something and ended up loosing two jig heads. I hope you guys going out tomorrow have better luck.
                      Mariano

2015 Slayer Propel 13

Comment

Most of the tug capts on the susky are friendly, having said that I try to stay out of their path.
                        Freddie T

Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Went out this morning from 7:00am till 10:00am. The fog did not get bad till around 9:00am so I headed to the shore line on my return. Fished the barges and the deep holes by Perryville, Marks and bait balls everywhere on the fishing finder, but no luck. No one on the flats but me and one tug. All in all an incredible morning. No river flow, low winds, serenity on the water on the 27th of December. Incredible.
                          Freddie T

Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Working...
                          X