Severn River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severn River

I would like to fish the severn tomorrow, but do not want to fish weems creek.. I want to fish farther up into the severn but not familiar with the boat ramps

Where are all the ramps usable in the severn.. even on the severna park side

Thanks!
    Zach Moore
    Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
    Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
    Bait Towel Pro Staff
    2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

The only public access point I am aware of upstream from Weems Creek is Smith's Marina in Crownsville. It may not be open for launching and parking this time of year. You would be advised to call in advance. Also, the last time I checked, they charge $20 to use their ramp. Unless you have a friend who can get you access to a community launch ramp, you may be out of luck.

From my own observations during the past month, the tidal creeks and ponds within a 2-mile radius of the public launch points (Tucker St, Jonas Green, Truxtun) are getting a lot of attention from kayak anglers. Unless you are the first angler of the day through a spot, the bite rate is way down. Since nearly all of the Severn pickerel fishing is catch and release, careful and quick handling of the pickerel out of the water can help them survive for another angler to catch later.

If you do find another Severn access point farther upstream, I and many others would like to know about it.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
    X