pickerel Fishing 12/22/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickerel Fishing 12/22/15

Went to the Severn since my plan for the bay bridge fell through with the wind forecast. Caught over 20 and lost many more. The hot bait was twister tail minnow jigs and twitched on the retrieve. I caught on spinner baits but the minnow lure was getting so many more strikes today. I had the creek all to myself.pickerel.jpg
    John
    Hobie Adventure Island 16'

Slayer Propel 10

Pelican Trailblazer ( don't hate , pond use only)

Originally posted by tech11165 View Post
    Went to the Severn since my plan for the bay bridge fell through with the wind forecast. Caught over 20 and lost many more. The hot bait was twister tail minnow jigs and twitched on the retrieve. I caught on spinner baits but the minnow lure was getting so many more strikes today. I had the creek all to myself.[ATTACH=CONFIG]17901[/ATTACH]
    John, most excellent! I am heading out Thursday morning (yes, Christmas Eve with highs in the mid-70s). Did you launch from Jonas?

Jim
    Jim McFalls
    MSG US Army Retired
    US Army Field Band Jazz Ambassadors Class of 1998

2018 Hobie Revo 13 - Sea Grass
    2015 Elie Coast 120XE Angler - Yellow/White
    2015 Pelican Unison 136t Tandem - Orange/White
    Instagram - @jmcfalls1960
    YouTube - Jimbo the Fishin' Musician

Comment

Originally posted by tech11165 View Post
      ...Caught over 20 and lost many more...[ATTACH=CONFIG]17901[/ATTACH]
      Twenty catches is an excellent day.

Congratulations.

Losing them is also part of the game. It's amazing how they can throw the hook.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

20 fish is a great day, I'm going to have to get down there and fish the Severn. I've been trying to catch Pike at Loch Raven without much luck. I did get one small pike and one nice pickerel at Loch Raven this morning.20151223_111828.jpg20151223_113103.jpg

Comment

Working...
        X