No announcement yet.

Fish Finder Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just purchased this from WestMarine. It is apparently the demo unit (not sure exactly what that means, perhaps a return) but if bad I will probably just return it. Anyway, it is the Elite 4 for $129.

http://www.westmarine.com/p/17292491

Enjoy!!!

Comment

Thanks for the information everyone. I'll let you know what the decision ends up being. Happy fishing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Fish Finder Recommendations

Originally posted by Salisbury View Post
        I just purchased this from WestMarine. It is apparently the demo unit (not sure exactly what that means, perhaps a return) but if bad I will probably just return it. Anyway, it is the Elite 4 for $129.

http://www.westmarine.com/p/17292491

Enjoy!!!
        That's a great deal! Demo unit most likely means it was the store display, running in demo mode all day everyday hooked to a power supply. As long as it works, I see no problem saving that much money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
          I believe the 4 and 5 HDI and chirp are both gps/charts/sonar/downscan/chirp/// combos. I could be wrong but sonar only models have an X after the number. I dont think there are any chirp models with sonar only. It seems that Lowrance is coming out with something called a TI model. Not a clue what this is but the Elite 4 & 5 HDI and chirp versions work great. Add nav +and you get better charts, if thats what your looking for.
          A quick look at the Lowrance site shows the Elite series are being renamed to Hook and at a glance a small change to the case design. The Elite TI is the newer version with a Touchscreen, WIFI, and some other stuff.
          Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

Originally posted by mi327 View Post
            A quick look at the Lowrance site shows the Elite series are being renamed to Hook and at a glance a small change to the case design. The Elite TI is the newer version with a Touchscreen, WIFI, and some other stuff.
            Elite-5 Ti looks interesting. I'm a little disappointed that Lowrance would use the numbers they did for power consumption "12 W (0.9 A @ 13 vDC)". None of my batteries read 13VDC, at best they are 12.8VDC when fully charged. They try to make it look like the unit draws less than an amp, for the sake of advertising, when in reality it will likely draw one full amp with minimum functions operating. If I was in the market for a new unit, I would certainly be checking out the Elite-5 Ti...that's looks like a fishing geek's dream.
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

The $129 elite 4 just showed up in the mail - appears to be in great shape and qualifies as a "vince value" as some friends would say. Bought a "demo 2015 Outback", had another friend tell me I now officially have a "demo" boat. haha

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by Yak67 View Post
                Got the Elite-5HDI for my new Outback. I have the Elite-4 HDI, no issues and easy to use. Went with the HDI instead of Chirp, saved money and better for Kayak fishing according to all the SL'ers who piped in about this issue a couple of months ago.

Yak67
                2015 Hobie PA-14
                2016 Hobie Outback LE
                What was the issue? Im curious to find out

Comment

Working...
                X