Where to fish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to fish?

I am off this week and want to fish. I fished Lake Roland today. It was a bust. Was thinking the bay bridge but the wind looks to be to much. Thinking Severn for pickerel? I live in Baltimore and the lakes/ponds near me are getting harder to fish; plus I am not a great bass fishermen. Most of my bay fishing has been down south of Chesapeake beach when I had a power boat Need location ideas for Baltimore bay fishing.
    Thanks
    John
    Hobie Adventure Island 16'

Slayer Propel 10

Pelican Trailblazer ( don't hate , pond use only)

If I can make it out this weekend I would try Severn for pickerel and troll for stripers or Fort Smallwood and head to the white rocks to see if WP or any stripers are around. Troll paddletails at varying depths and small jigs for WP. Just a reminder it's Catch/Release on stripers now. Good luck and let us know how you do.

Comment

Thanks Daolai, I never launched from FORT Smallwood. What are the white rocks? Can I see them on a chart?
      John

Slayer Propel 10

Comment

Originally posted by tech11165 View Post
        Thanks Daolai, I never launched from FORT Smallwood. What are the white rocks? Can I see them on a chart?
        Here are two photos of the White Rocks:

2015-04-06-084603.jpg 2015-04-06-084634.jpg

They're north of the launch at St. Smallwood. You can't miss them.
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Thanks, I pulled up a Nav app and saw it. I live in Baltimore but never really fished near my house. I want to start learning my home waters. I can't wait. With the winds and holiday I probably won't be able to go until Monday. What is the water like in 10-15 MPH wind. Is it sheltered somewhat of is it like Chesapeake Beach and choppy as hell in 10-15 wind.
          John

Slayer Propel 10

Comment

Thanks, I pulled up a Nav app and saw it. I live in Baltimore but never really fished near my house. I want to start learning my home waters. I can't wait. With the winds and holiday I probably won't be able to go until Monday. What is the water like in 10-15 MPH wind. Is it sheltered somewhat of is it like Chesapeake Beach and choppy as hell in 10-15 wind.
            The only time I ever thought I was going to become a submarine commander in my kayak was at Ft. Smallwood. I was actually sitting behind the White Rocks fishing with another member of this forum. I was oblivious to the building winds in front of the rocks. I had no idea the wind was blowing so hard (double digit mph) up and across the river until I left the shadow of the rocks to return to the launch site at Ft. Smallwood. On the route home the wind blew me too close to the shore fishermen at the fort and I heard some choice words from them. But I made it safely to the launch keeping me and my boat right side up.

So to answer your question, Ft. Smallwood can be a great fishery but it's big water with little to no protection from high winds.
            Mark
            Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
            Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
            Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

What type of kayak do you have?

Comment

I am off this week and want to fish. I fished Lake Roland today. It was a bust. Was thinking the bay bridge but the wind looks to be to much. Thinking Severn for pickerel? I live in Baltimore and the lakes/ponds near me are getting harder to fish; plus I am not a great bass fishermen. Most of my bay fishing has been down south of Chesapeake beach when I had a power boat Need location ideas for Baltimore bay fishing.
                Thanks
                I'll be going out for rockfish launching from key Bridge at fort amistead and Thursday.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by APIRIGYI View Post
                  I'll be going out for rockfish launching from key Bridge at fort amistead and Thursday.

Apirigyi,
                  Are you going to just Thursday; I can't make Thursday.
                  John

Slayer Propel 10

Comment

Originally posted by daolai View Post
                    What type of kayak do you have?
                    I have a Native Propel 10 foot
                    John

Slayer Propel 10

Comment

Apirigyi,
                      Are you going to just Thursday; I can't make Thursday.
                      Sorry Wednesday and thursday

Comment

I can do Wednesday. What time and where? What kind of fishing? I don't have all my gear but I have most things. My Cell#4108120277
                        Sorry Wednesday and thursday

John

Slayer Propel 10

Comment

I can do Wednesday. What time and where? What kind of fishing? I don't have all my gear but I have most things. My Cell#4108120277
                          I'll be launching from fort amistead on the south side of the key bridge at about 630/7 am. Low tide at 10:30... 7 to 10 is prime time. I just got some new 25 to 35 foot diving plugs to test out and some jigs. Fish are in 30 to 35 ft of water on channel edges.I have an older white hobie rigged up. Number is 2159703935. Name is Alex

Comment

I have some gear. I don't have plugs that go that deep. I have some jigs that I can pull. I am not quiet set up to troll yet. I just got my kayak about a month ago. It is a orange slayer propel. But ill give it go. .
                            I'll be launching from fort amistead on the south side of the key bridge at about 630/7 am. Low tide at 10:30... 7 to 10 is prime time. I just got some new 25 to 35 foot diving plugs to test out and some jigs. Fish are in 30 to 35 ft of water on channel edges.I have an older white hobie rigged up. Number is 2159703935. Name is Alex

John

Slayer Propel 10

Comment

I have some gear. I don't have plugs that go that deep. I have some jigs that I can pull. I am not quiet set up to troll yet. I just got my kayak about a month ago. It is a orange slayer propel. But ill give it go. .
                              You can jig fish with metal and bucktails too. A lot of small fish, just have to find the right schools. Fish finder is a big asset as the water temp drops.

Comment

Working...
                              X