Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my dri suit, need something for my feet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my dri suit, need something for my feet.

You guys that have dry suits, what do you wear on your feet?

Columbia bugaboot....awesome. Got mine on sale for $75 at dicks. They have them now for 99, seen them as high as $130. I have a Kokatat dry suit and it is the perfect match.

Tom Lagana
    www.tomlagana.net

Comment

I wear the NRS paddle shoes and not too expensive. Very comfortable. I got one size larger than my regular shoe size to accommodate wool socks and the Kokatat socks, and they work great.
      Golden Papaya Outback

Comment

I use wader boots you can find them on sale at Cabelas or Bass Pro shops.
        get a size or 2 larger than you wear. when I picked up a new pair last week I had my wool socks on and also had on a pair of Cabelas wader pants on from the wader display size rack. I wear size 11 shoe but with the heavy socks and the rubber footies I needed a size 13.
        they were on sale and with my coupon they ended up at 39.90

Comment

Originally posted by MD Dore View Post
          I wear the NRS paddle shoes and not too expensive. Very comfortable. I got one size larger than my regular shoe size to accommodate wool socks and the Kokatat socks, and they work great.
          +1. Love em!
          Bruce

Hobie PA 14
          Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

I use a cheap pair of Walmart beach/water shoes 3 sizes larger than my regular shoes. I wear a pair of polyester wicking socks and two pairs of wool socks under the dry suit. My feet stay warm with that.
            2013 WS Ride 135
            2015 WS Ride 115

Comment

You can wear whatever you want to keep the foot areas protected/warm.
              Have you heard "Burping" before you sit on a kayak?

I learned from listening whitewater kaykers (my friends) and helping self-rescue practice for a kayaker wearing a drysuit. Without burping, you may be floating upside down with a PFD on. I am very serious. Google "burping drysuit" before you sit on a kayak.

Thank you
              Joe
              Last edited by ComeOnFish; 12-19-2015, 02:03 PM.
              Fish like there's no tomorrow.
              Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

I have cold feet,all the time, to defend against cold feet, insulate from the inside out, use a sock liner then a 3mm neoprene sock over that, then insert your foot into booty. Any application outside the waterproof booty will create cold feet.On the outside of the booty I use Crocs.
                Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
                  I have cold feet,all the time, to defend against cold feet, insulate from the inside out, use a sock liner then a 3mm neoprene sock over that, then insert your foot into booty. Any application outside the waterproof booty will create cold feet.On the outside of the booty I use Crocs.
                  That's a good way to do it.

I use Simms’ ExStream™ Wading Socks, (over regular under armor socks, then drysuit) they are really thick and made with Merino wool. Then use my Teva sandals on the outside. Last winter I was putting neoprene socks on the outside of the drysuit stockings and my feet got cold after a few hours. I think that's because the neoprene socks held a layer of water on the inside that sucked all the heat out of my feet.
                  Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

I went to dive shop and got one size larger dive boot. Have sole and good heel for kayaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
                      Any application outside the waterproof booty will create cold feet.On the outside of the booty I use Crocs.
                      This is very interesting. I would always put a pair of 3mm neoprene socks over my drysuit booties to protect them from abrasion. Any man did my feet get cold.
                      Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
                      Lime Slayer 10

Comment

This past Sunday the weather was under 30 degrees at launch. I have a kokatat angler and I had wool socks with chemical warmers on both the top and bottom and then another pair of wools socks. Outside the dry suit were a pair of 3mm neoprene dive boots bought on Amazon

Comment

Working...
                        X