Comment

Thanks.
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

That looks like a great time guys.

Mark, what brand of jighead is that in the picture below?

Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
        Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Originally posted by bunnielab View Post
          That looks like a great time guys.

Mark, what brand of jighead is that in the picture below?

Sorry. I cannot help you there. It was furnished by the guide.

John Veil may know. If so I'm sure he'll reply.

The one in the photo was brown. I used a similarly shaped one there that was red. Both colors worked.

I do know the maker of the plastic. It's a Slam R by 12 Fathoms. I've caught stripers here with the Slam R.
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I just posted in another thread about Mission Fishin jigheads -- the brand shown in Mark's photo. Even in small sizes (and the ones Neil uses are typically 1/8-oz) they have strong hooks. Last spring I caught a 39" blacktip shark on one of those jigheads in 1/8-oz size tipped with a Fat Sam mullet. That fish was powerful, but the jighead held up to the challenge.
            John Veil
            Annapolis
            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
              What kind of money/day?
              On this trip we shared the costs for the charters, tips, rental car, fuel, and groceries/beverages. For the four days we were there with three days of fishing until we were tired we each contributed under $500. We also paid for the flight (2 hours on Southwest) and our hotel. Including those items, the entire trip was under $900. It was a great mini-vacation.

I have made this trip by myself several times. Without the economies of splitting costs, it becomes somewhat more costly, but is still a great getaway without having to travel too far. I recall one trip in the summer of 2014 when I took the early flight out of BWI. The plane landed in Tampa at about 10:45. I quickly got my luggage, had a rental car already reserved, and met Neil at a launch point 15 mins away. I was paddling off the beach less than an hour after the plane touched the ground. It is hard to beat that.
              John Veil
              Annapolis
              Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
                I just posted in another thread about Mission Fishin jigheads -- the brand shown in Mark's photo. Even in small sizes (and the ones Neil uses are typically 1/8-oz) they have strong hooks. Last spring I caught a 39" blacktip shark on one of those jigheads in 1/8-oz size tipped with a Fat Sam mullet. That fish was powerful, but the jighead held up to the challenge.
                Thanks for the info! I had some luck using 3" paddle tails for LMBs this fall, but never found a short shank jighead that I really liked.
                Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
                Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Working...
                X