CONFLICTED, Hobie Outback LE #236

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
    Between the seat adjustments and pedal adjustments I am sure I will spend most of my time trying to find the most comfortable position without too much pain. Thanks for all the help.
    Talking with "Plastic Boat" after fishing yesterday, I still have adventures in adjustments to test. I've had my seat in the low position since I got the '15...apparently the high(er) position is good too.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
      Talking with "Plastic Boat" after fishing yesterday, I still have adventures in adjustments to test. I've had my seat in the low position since I got the '15...apparently the high(er) position is good too.
      I find the higher position is a little easier on my back.
      Red 2015 Hobie Outback
      Olive 2015 PA 14

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
        Cowpokey, the more research I do into rigging my outback, the more and more I am liking your rocket launcher build. Not big at this time drilling a lot of holes. Question, do larger rod butts fit into the 1-1/4" pvc opening? thanks
        Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
        Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
          Cowpokey, the more research I do into rigging my outback, the more and more I am liking your rocket launcher build. Not big at this time drilling a lot of holes. Question, do larger rod butts fit into the 1-1/4" pvc opening? thanks

They should, it's 1 1/4" inside diameter. I used pass-through (+ and T) fittings for all rod holders, so butt length doesn't matter either.

Edit add: I also made less holes in my kayak, by taking off the plugs for the molded in rod holder and filling the screw holes with a hot glue gun.
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

Great Thanks.
            Freddie T

Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

I really like that orange colour too. I ran into Moc & plasticboat @ DPS where Moc was picking up his LE. Remember
              to use your paddle to get started at the launch in shallow water( with your rudder in the 'up' position & your Mirage drive resting on your feet or your lap) until you paddle into deeper water...same with your exit from the water. See you pedaling on the water!

Comment

Welcome to the world of OUTBACK and in particular the LE OUTBACK! I second your comments on the outstanding customer service from DPS. They are awesome and are my number one kayaking supply store in spite of the distance; heck I drive farther than that to get to some of my fishing destinations. I look forward to seeing you out there in your new orange outback.
                2015 Outback
                2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

Originally posted by kitkatyaker View Post
                  Welcome to the world of OUTBACK and in particular the LE OUTBACK! I second your comments on the outstanding customer service from DPS. They are awesome and are my number one kayaking supply store in spite of the distance; heck I drive farther than that to get to some of my fishing destinations. I look forward to seeing you out there in your new orange outback.
                  Thanks Kitkatyaker, looks from your signature that we will match. Hope to see you out there as well.
                  Freddie T

Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Working...
                  X