No announcement yet.

Annual Fishing Flea Mkt to benifit Heroes on The Water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If someone wants to sell some excess tackle/gear and doesn't have a table, how does that work?
    2015 Hobie Outback
    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Originally posted by silasvirus82 View Post
      If someone wants to sell some excess tackle/gear and doesn't have a table, how does that work?
      Maybe hook them all inside a raincoat and roam the room quietly whispering "Hooks here. Who needs Hooks..."
      Bruce

Hobie PA 14
      Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Originally posted by EMSer View Post
        Maybe hook them all inside a raincoat and roam the room quietly whispering "Hooks here. Who needs Hooks..."
        or even better invite them back to your van (has to be a van) setup as a mini tackle store.

But seriously, I've got a bunch of stuff I'm not using that I'd love to pass on to someone that will.
        2015 Hobie Outback
        2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Unfortunately I cant allow anyone to sell merchandise in or on the grounds during the fishing flea market. Id suggest you try to use this form in spot where most others sell their stuff. Im looking for a larger venue for next year so keep that in mind
          Tom Brown
          Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
          2012 Hobie PA 14'
          Ocean Kayak Tident 13
          2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

John, You could also donate your tackle to the HaoW Guys. Im sure those soldiers could always use somd different tackle and gear. I'm not speaking for the HOW Chapter just suggestinv. Check with Wayne, Trooper Coop or any of the other HOW Team. They'll be there
            Tom Brown
            2012 Hobie PA 14'
            Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Tom- Well done...great Flea Market!

Check your PM please....

Ernie

Comment

Originally posted by Kiko View Post

Check your PM please....
                Well....your PM is full.

Comment

I second that Tom, Teddy and I had a great time and sold some stuff too! Had a great time talking to all the SL crowd. We got our SL Long sleeve tees, which look great! (Thanks Grilled and Redfish!).
                  Having John Veil next to us, gave us great drive-by foot traffic
                  Well organized and fun.

Yak67-Gary
                  2015 Hobie PA-14
                  2016 Hobie Outback LE

Comment

It was a nice event. Got some great tackle. Now just need some warmer weather so I can put it to use.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                    Green Team
                    Future Beach 10' sit in - Lime Green
                    Ascend FS12T - Lime Green

Comment

Thank you all who organized and participated in today's Flea Market.
                      It was a great event and makes me look forward to next year's new location.
                      It's alway good to see old friends and make new ones.

I'm looking forward to seeing you out on the water in the near future.

Regards,
                      Stu
                      (aka bignose)

Comment

Had a great time, put names and faces together with a bunch of SL members and of had lots of conversation with the gang from DPS. BAM!
                        Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                        Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

A good time seeing everyone & finding a bunch of needed items. I hope to see
                          you on the water this year.

Comment

Thank you to all helped make this years HOW Fishing flea market such a huge success. We raised $1,260 for the local HOW Chapter, the most EVER in its 5 yr history. I had a blast puting it all together with the help of the Snaggedline leadership and "members" getting the word out. This was and will always be a labor of love. As a wounded Warrior myself I feel a sense of responsibility to my guys that didnt make it home when I was able too, and to those guys and gals that did come home and are not quite themselves... I will always have their backs. HOW is an organization that helps those guys and gals get back to functional status. And to those of you that have helped in some form or fashion to help that happen... I'm forever greatful. To the sponsors who donated items for the raffle tables... you had a part in raising the most dollars in the 5 yr history of this event.. So, next year we are hoping to be in the AACo. Fairgrounds with 10x the parking as nd twice the space. We will keep everyone advised as too the future of this awesome event. I have bigger goals in mind and I'd love to have ya'll be a part of it just as this Snaggedline Group has been like my family. Thank you ALL for whatever role you've played in this event being such a huge success. If you didnt come, you missed a great time.
                            Tom Brown
                            2012 Hobie PA 14'
                            Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Some have asked me to check my pm inbox. I have a new email address and can't change my old one here. Everyone can email me at medicyaker@gmail.com. Thanks
                              Tom Brown
                              2012 Hobie PA 14'
                              Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Well done, Tom. You continue to put a great deal of time and effort into this event. I look forward to having it at the Fairgrounds with lots more space and being very close to my home.

I sold enough of my table goods on Sat to feel satisfied about the day. Plus I had a chance to talk with the folks who ended up buying my Slayer Propel 13 kayak the following day. Without that face-to-face conversation on Sat, the deal might not have happened. The flea market was a great focal point for the kayak fishing community.
                                John Veil
                                Annapolis
                                Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
                                X