Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any news on the kayak fishing flea market?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gshappell
    I'd like to know that as well. I live in this area and always think about going to either the lake shore or earleigh heights market but I know how big striper fishing is in this area and figured the bulk would be geared toward that. I've had neighbors talk to me about fishing and after I tell them I fish primarily for lm bass and any other freshwater fish they say "you need to do reeeaaaal fishing and go get some rocks".

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
    As a fellow resident of "The Dena" and Maryland I can say that we're very fortunate to live close to many kayak fishing opportunities for LM bass and stripers. I enjoy fishing for both. I suspect you will also.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I will have both saltwater and freshwater lures/tackle/rods/reels for sale at my table.....all priced to buy!

Come on by and clean me out....don't want to take anything home.

Ernie

Comment

Originally posted by gshappell
        So are there LM bass further up the rivers and creeks? I head over to Columbia most of the time to go bass fishing... Occasionally Lake Waterford when I'm short on time but that place is a mess.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
        I was thinking mainly of Eastern Shore ponds for bass. Wye Mills are Tuckahoe relatively close. I can get to each in an hour or less from Pasadena depending on traffic. If you prefer to head west try Piney Run.

I've never fished there but folks on this board speak highly of Mariner Point Park in Joppa for bass.

The many nearby tidal creeks offer pickerels that respond to the same techniques and tackle used for LM bass. That's one reason I enjoy fishing for them. It's very similar to how I fish for LM bass without a lengthy drive.

A bit of a longer run but still feasible for a day or afternoon trip is the Potomac at Brunswick for SM bass.

Longer still, due to traffic, is Mattawoman Creek. '

Here's my birthday present from there last year:

Mattawoman A 71715.jpg

If bass fishing is what you really like, you can use the same techniques and tackle for stripers in the Severn, Whitehall Bay, Patapsco, etc. Much of the discussion on Snaggedline is about trolling and rightly so because that approach puts a lot of stripers into your kayak. But casting to structure in shallow water at the appropriate times of year will also catch stripers.

Here's a fly rod striper caught within a foot of the wooden wall at Hackett Point last September:

C.jpg

I too was mainly a freshwater bass fisherman until I got my kayak. It was then that I learned about the many striper opportunities very close to my home. Further I could use the same tackle and techniques I use for freshwater bass.

Good luck to you.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Mark; 01-28-2016, 10:21 AM.
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Don't know if I missed it, but what time does the fishing flea market start tomorrow
          Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
          Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Never mind, found it on Facebook, 8am-2pm
            Freddie T

Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

I stopped by. Some good deals on demo boats there and lures could be had for good prices. Worth the trip from cecil county for me. I picked up a snagged line shirt and they are awesome!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
              Jayce
              2017 Ivory Hobie Pro Angler 12 "The Big Easy"
              2015 Flint Camo Wilderness Systems Ride 115X Max Angler

Comment

Was there as well, parking was crazy. Had to park at the school and walk. Meet some great people, some LE owners, and of course shot the BAM with the DPS team.
                Freddie T

Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Working...
                X