? for pro angler owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? for pro angler owners

So I love my Slayer for fishing the shallow Rocky upper Susquehanna and some ponds that require a long walk to get to. Now I'm finding I'd lime to get rid of my small electric powered boat that I use to fish reservoirs and maybe get a pro angler 12. I love the way hobie has designed the storage electronics adaptability etc.I think in bigger water like that a peddle boat is a big help.I also was thinking of maybe fishing furnace bay the lower susky near 95 etc.so I guess my question is how do you guys lime the PA for bigger water the flats etc do you think I can fish furnace bay etc in it? And I guess just give me some thoughts on the boat in general.

I have the PA-14 which is great for "Big" water and rivers and lakes. Not so for small water. I think the PA-12 will give you more flexibility for the type of fishing you want to do. The weight of dragging it to some of your launch points may be tough. I trailer the PA-14, but you may be able to car-top the PA-12 depending on your height and the height of your vehicle. I am getting my second Yak soon, a Hobie Outback for this very reason. I need a Yak I can car-top in to many launches, that don't allow trailers, and one not to heavy to drag down and up some of these, not so developed launches.
    Yak67
    2015 Hobie PA-14
    2016 Hobie Outback LE

Comment

I have the pro angler 12 and its a very versatile boat. I use it everywhere. I came down from a pro angler 14.. its the exact same boat IMO. I move a little faster in the 12 bc its a tad lighter.
      I use it in all the resevoirs, ive used it in the upper bay. You cover a ton of water and dont really wear your self out

I cover 7-10 miles every bass fishing trip
      Zach Moore
      Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
      Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
      Bait Towel Pro Staff
      2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
      YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Thanks bassmore what parts of the upper bay have you used it on? I'm thinking I could cover as much water in it as I could in my electric boat because you don't have to worry about batteries.how does it control in wind? Meaning boat control etc I like the reverse option of the slayer but just like the design and layout of the PA better.

Comment

IMO Hobie makes two boats that are better big water boat than the PA. Both the Outback and Revo are faster, lower to the water which is important if there is any wind (and there always is), and plenty stable in the waves. Big water is all about covering the most ground and getting in/out as quickly as possible when the weather turns. Your not going to stand up in any kayak on an average day out in the bay, which is the main advantage of the PA other than increased storage. I've fished from a PA 12, Outback, and Revo and the Outback seemed to be the perfect balance of everything. In perfectly calm/slightly choppy water you stand up no problem too. If you don't plan to ever stand up the Revo might be the better choice, it's a missile in the water. I used one on an offshore tuna trip in 4-5' swells and it performed very well.

Just food for thought, go try them all before you sell yourself on anything. I was deadset on getting a PA when I showed up to demo a PA and Outback, and I'm so glad I walked out with the Outback.
          2015 Hobie Outback
          2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Working...
          X