Outdoors Delmarva Episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoors Delmarva Episode

This does not contain a Pacific Warriors level of excitement, but I wanted to share a recent television airing that Heminway and I filmed in an effort to try and promote our sport on the ESMD. It is no secret that we have excellent fishing and it blows my mind that we have such few kayak anglers on the shore. Per person, we have more people who fish here than virtually anywhere; the problem is, is that they are mostly old timers who fish from the same skiff their granddad fished from. Breaking this mindset has been tough, so when we were approached to film an episode Outdoors Delmarva, a local TV show on WBOC, we were excited about the opportunity to showcase the versatility of kayaks as fishing platforms. it was a lot of fun and I am just glad we found some fish!

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Nice job Doug!
    Red 2015 Hobie Outback
    Olive 2015 PA 14

Comment

Awesome stuff fellas!
      Brian

Comment

Well done! That is great promotion for the sport and for the Hobie brand.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Excellent!!
          2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
          2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
          2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Nicely done.

“You don’t even have to be catching any fish to have a great time.”

How true!
            Mark
            Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
            Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
            Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Great video!
              Michael
              Washington, DC
              Hobie Outback

Comment

I like it
                2015 Hobie Outback
                2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Thanks, everyone. I was pleased how it turned out. Hopefully we can up the ante in the spring. We're planning on doing a cobia trip to really showcase the range of kayaks and options kayak fisherman have regarding species to target.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
                  Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                  2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Great video! I still think its funny that people who are involved in outdoor sports- fishing in particular, are completely blown away/doubtful by kayak fishing.

Comment

Great job Doug!

Comment

Good Stuff, Great Vid.
                        Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                        Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

I did my best to try and avoid the camera, lol It helped that Doug had the hot stick that day. Outdoor Delmarva has a big viewership over the entire Peninsula. I am sure there are a lot more people who now realize what fishing machines these little plastic boats are!

Comment

Good vid, great for the kayak fishing community. Really, I lived with a producer for a while, and you guys did a great job; but isn't the music you are playing the theme song from the TV show Lunkerville? It comes on WFN ( World Fishing Network). Does Mike D. Know about this? You know he is from Rockville, MD and still has family here. Just saying..... I lived with a producer/film editor.
                            2015 Outback
                            2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

Originally posted by kitkatyaker View Post
                              Good vid, great for the kayak fishing community. Really, I lived with a producer for a while, and you guys did a great job; but isn't the music you are playing the theme song from the TV show Lunkerville? It comes on WFN ( World Fishing Network). Does Mike D. Know about this? You know he is from Rockville, MD and still has family here. Just saying..... I lived with a producer/film editor.
                              Obviously, Doug and I were not involved with the editing and production process only the folks being filmed. However, WBOC TV has been in business since 1954. They are a CBS affiliate and member of the Associated Press. I have no idea if it is the same music, I don't have cable and sorry to say have never heard of Mike D. No clue if the music is in the public domain or if it is exclusive to his show, but I doubt WBOC is doing anything irregular here.

Comment

Working...
                              X