Rockfish Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockfish Help

Hey guys, new to yak fishing. Have had a somewhat successful fall bass fishing. I am really interested on getting some rock fish though. I grew up on the Rappahannock in VA and it's been years since I've been out. Any help on recommendations, bait selection, kayak trolling, spots in MD etc would be greatly appreciated. I keep seein all these awesome photos and would love to bring home some fresh dinner. Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Originally posted by tj.brooks0317 View Post
    Any help on recommendations, bait selection, kayak trolling, spots in MD etc would be greatly appreciated.
    I would suggest you do two searches on this forum:

1. "striper techniques" Many posts will come up with photos of lures and detailed descriptions of how they were used -- trolling, casting, jigging.

2. "striper locations" You'll see various areas mentioned in posts, especially in the mid-Bay area. Magothy, Patapsco, Severn, Whitehall, Kent Island sites, Bay Bridge, etc.

Pay particular attention to the dates of the posts as striper success is definitely seasonal.

Welcome to the forum and to the hobby.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

1/4 to 1/2 once jigheads and 4-5 inch white paddletail. Have tons of lures and that is my most productive and what I have on all the time lure. Not to mention super cheap. That's all you need except to get on the water. Read the Boatyard section reports and you will see the various locations that are producing. Right now it seems they all are.

Comment

Thanks guys. I've tried searching but keep getting an error. I'll have to try from my Pc later this evening. Can't wait to get out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

there is a Meet & Greet on 11/14 at Beverly Triton. It is a great place to meet other kayak fisherman and get some useful information. You should come if you can.

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...hlight=beverly
          Bruce

Hobie PA 14
          Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Working...
          X