SRRKC winter pickerel tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRRKC winter pickerel tournament

In past years, some Snaggedline members entered the Severn River Rod and Keg Club winter pickerel tournament (you do not need to be a SRRKC member to enter). I entered, fished hard, and won last year. As part of my decision to stop fishing in tournaments, I do not plan to enter again. I will no longer serve as the tournament coordinator either.

The current SRRKC president, Rodney Daff, is coordinating the tournament. His posted announcing the tournament and rules is copied below. Good luck to any of our members who enter.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>

Official Pickerel Derby Tournament Sign-Up Thread!

If all the Pickerel I've seen hooked on my boat while targeting White Perch & Rock Fish in August, September & October is a sign of a healthier Severn River, I'm all for it. Hopefully we can get enough participants to sign-up and enjoy some friendly competition. This is a Severn River only tournament.

PICKEREL DERBY Rules;

------Entry Fee: $10 person due no later than Nov 15th. You can either pay at the SRRKC meeting on Nov 4th or mail me a check to 1016 Miller Circle Crownsville MD 21032.

------Date: November 1st thru Dec 31st [Note: this is a change from past years, when the tournament ran until March 14]

------Location: Severn River Demarcation Line ONLY: Tolly Point (land) to Hacketts Point (land) – includes Whitehall Bay and tributaries.

------Coordinator: Rod (Hot-Rod)

------Leaderboard: Rod (Hot-Rod)

------How: Must be caught by hook & line.

------Size: Must be 18” minimum to make the leaderboard rounded down to nearest quarter inch.

------Pictures: Any / All entry pics need to have a clear shot of the entire fish as well as a clear picture of closed mouth and pinched tail against the measuring device clearly showing the measurement. As usual the fish MUST have a closed mouth at the time of measurement. Every fish will be reviewed by the tournament coordinator and, at his/her discretion, be disqualified if it does not meet the aforementioned qualifications

------Breaking Ties: We will split the money among the winners and vote on the glass winner using the winning photos. Hopefully with the new clarified measuring rules we won't have any more ties.

------Prizes:
    1st - Single Longest Fish = 50% of prize money
    2nd - Longest Aggregate of 3 Fish = 30% of prize money
    3rd - SRRKC Fund = 20% of prize money
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"
Working...
X