Nov 14th, Meet and Great at Beverly Triton Beach Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nov 14th, Meet and Great at Beverly Triton Beach Park

Well, there are only two Meet and Greets left. The next Meet and Greet will be at Beverly Triton Beach. It is located on the Western shoreline of the Chesapeake Bay sandwiched between the Rhode River to the south and the South River to the north. It is a short beach launch. There are breakers made of rubble that helps make the launch and easy one. At that time of year, Rockfish will be the targeted species. The park opens the gates by 7am. So we will meet at 7:00am and launch no later than 8am. SurfDog recommends the Green Turtle for the lunch at 1pm. This is a car top only launch and it is free. The address is:

Beverly Triton Beach Park

1202 Triton Beach Road
    Edgewater, MD 21037
    (410) 222-7317
    GPS Coordinates:
    Lan. 38.88511
    Lon. -76.49521

Please respond to this thread is you intend on joining up to fish and for lunch. We will keep a list of attendees on this thread.

Here is an informational link on the park:
    http://www.aacounty.org/recparks/par...erlytriton.cfm

Here is a Snaggedline Report from Beverly Trition:
    http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...beverly+triton

Here is a video from November 11, 2014 at Beverly Triton. It will give you an idea of the launch if this will be your first time.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28lZFTbwTQ4
    Attached Files

iam in for both.
    2012 hobie outback
    2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

I currently plan on being there for both.
      Bruce

Hobie PA 14
      Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

I am planning to be there.

Comment

count me in for both

Comment

i should be able to make it for a few hours of fishing
            Rich
            Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

Martin -

Thanks for taking the lead on this. Last year in Oct or Nov, there was an informal meet and greet there. I showed up late -- about 9:30 am. There were no more parking spaces either inside or outside the fence in areas that were not already marked with No Parking signs. I ended up going home without launching. In part because of that, I have not been back since. Are you aware of any ability to open up more parking for that day?
              John Veil
              Annapolis
              Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I have not been this year, but every time that I have gone, I have always gotten a parking space. I know the lot can hold at least a dozen cars. I will stop by there before the Meet and Greet and get a more eyeball information on the parking. If I can pre-fish there, then I will report that results too.

Comment

So far we have the following attending and their lunch intensions:

MOC (lunch and fishing)
                  Coop1486 (lunch and fishing)
                  EMSer (lunch and fishing)
                  Plastic Boat (lunch and fishing)
                  Whenican (lunch and fishing)
                  Mccray44 (lunch and fishing)
                  PigPen (fishing)
                  Rockchaser (lunch and fishing)
                  J. Rentch (lunch only)
                  Silasvirus82 (lunch and fishing)
                  Kitkatyaker (lunch only)
                  Ken Kayak (lunch and fishing)
                  Dkim73 (lunch only, arriving 1:30pm)
                  Yak Diesel (lunch and fishing)
                  Mikemike (lunch and fishing)
                  Redfish12 (lunch and fishing)
                  Dimo (lunch and fishing)
                  John Veil (lunch only)
                  Wall-e (fishing only)
                  Mark (lunch only)
                  Baitball (fishing only)

We have 16 for fishing and 18 for lunch so far.
                  Last edited by moc; 11-13-2015, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
                    Martin -

Thanks for taking the lead on this. Last year in Oct or Nov, there was an informal meet and greet there. I showed up late -- about 9:30 am. There were no more parking spaces either inside or outside the fence in areas that were not already marked with No Parking signs. I ended up going home without launching. In part because of that, I have not been back since. Are you aware of any ability to open up more parking for that day?
                    I seem to recall that when this place opened up there was talk of surplus parking being available outside the gate across the street or something. Seem to remember some going down to check out the park without going through the gate. It's been a while and I could be wrong, I was just following the threads on the opening of the park, do a search and you may find some info.

Comment

Put me down for both.
                      New to the game but not a rookie!

Comment

Count me in for fishing. I've had some great fishing this year on the south river. Hopefully it'll extend to the main channel now that its colder.
                        PigPen - Mt Airy
                        Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Moc - thanks for setting this up and please put down for fishing and a maybe for lunch.

Dao

Comment

Thanks for everyone signing up. I know some of you were not thinking of lunch, but you may want to stop by at least for a drink, before making your trip home. Why you ask? Well, it turns out that Bass Pro Shop was able to donate some prizes to hand out at lunch. The prizes will be for the biggest fish caught. Only a picture of the whole fish on your ruler is all you need for your camera or cell phone to take. This is very informal and it was nice of Bass Pro Shop to do this. I will be taking pictures of the winners with their prizes to pass on to Bass Pro Shop as a thank you. Depending on how many prizes are given, there will be first, second, and third place prizes also. All prizes will be awarded at the Green Turtle. We will try to award the prizes early, so those who are not staying for lunch can leave if they choose to.

So far we have 9 kayakers signed up in this early time frame. I suspect we will have more as the date approaches. A week before the meet and great the long range daytime temperatures are expected to hit 77degrees!

Comment

I'm in for both.
                              Jim

Hobie Outback
                              TKAA member
                              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Working...
                              X