One man's trash.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One man's trash.....

Went by a yard sale last weekend and bought a lite action Shimano rod and a tackle box of "goodies" for $15 there was so much stuff in the tackle box I didn't really look at everything in it, but when I got home and investigated there were some actually pretty cool vintage lures in there, some are made of wood and may be hand painted and most of the diving lips are made of metal not plastic. A couple of them are quite odd, having the eylets on the back instead of the front. Don't know if I would actually fish with them but they would look pretty cool in a shadow box! Anyone seen these before?Lures.jpg
    New to the game but not a rookie!

Looks like there's a spook in there. Nice find!
    I need a good paddling

Motorized 2014 Hobie Pro Angler 12
    Garmin Echomap 93sv
    RIP, favorite St. Croix Rod

Comment

Originally posted by Huntrava View Post
      Looks like there's a spook in there. Nice find!

Which one is that?
      New to the game but not a rookie!

Comment

Nice finds.

I had a similar yard sale find last year. I found this wooden lure which was made 40 plus years ago by a company that was a forerunner of today's MirrOlures.

A.jpg

Collecting old lures is a hobby in itself. The above crankbait is worth less than $10 according to some on-line sites I visited.
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

If you are a collector, they can be added to your collection. If not, you could probably sell or trade some of the older lures. A few years ago, my brother walked around the shoreline of a reservoir that had the water level lowered for maintenance. He found a bunch of lures that normally would have been submerged -- he brought them home. I posted on Tidalfish about some of the older and more unusual ones he had found. Shawn Kimbro wanted one of the lures and agreed to swap a signed copy of his first book for the lure. We were both happy with the deal.
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Second column from the left... red head white body is a Heddon Lucky 13. I do believe it is still made, probably from plastic now.
            Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Top of 2nd row looks like a "creek chub minnow"

Comment

the lures with the large metal lips...bomber mud bugs if I remember correctly. more of a fresh water lure.

Comment

Working...
                X